but I need your help identifying this guitar. This was just sent over by my grandma after she found it in a shed. The hard part comes from not having a neck, and as a result, no serial numbers whatsoever. Any and all help is appreciated.

also, apologies for the cellphone pics
That looks like the Musicman Axis-shape, to me... I have no about their history whatsoever though, so I don't know if they've ever made on in this configuration, let alone if MM's generally have serial numbers in their neck pockets. It couldn't hurt to give them a call, though.
yeah, music man although it also looks like a indie?

purdy though.

ROCKNEDIT:
yeah, looks like some kind of an indie standard shape. 3 hloes (2 knobs 1 selector) http://www.gosbellguitars.com/id83.html
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
Last edited by rocknroll93 at Jul 14, 2010,
Quote by rocknroll93
yeah, music man although it also looks like a indie?

purdy though.

ROCKNEDIT:
yeah, looks like some kind of an indie standard shape. 3 hloes (2 knobs 1 selector) http://www.gosbellguitars.com/id83.html

The part where the neck meets the body is larger than the indie in the pic. And it also has a different horn shape to me. It has an extra curve if you check the upper one. Right where it starts.

Sorry for my english.

Quote by a_hub10
I keep my Schecter in dropped D all the time, and i didn't buy an attachment of any kind.

Quote by CraftyTrickster
You should just tell the seller: ¡Boludo!
i still think it is an indie, it doesn't look too different? also I have seen standard indies but with varied body shapes.
Quote by element4433

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
on a closer look i think it is a musicman axis..
Quote by element4433

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Quote by rocknroll93
i still think it is an indie, it doesn't look too different? also I have seen standard indies but with varied body shapes.

I'm fairly sure it's not an indie. This was actually my Dad's; he bought it in '02, and was lead to believe it was a Peavey.

Quote by SeeEmilyPlay
Wow she found this in a shed? Why don't those things happen to me? What are you planning to do with it?

I was planning to put a Warmoth neck on it, but was told it wouldn't fit the neck socket, which is a bummer. So I'm now thinking of a decent neck (any recommendations would help here, btw). Also thinking of some Seymour Duncan pups and an OFR.
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I'm fairly sure it's not an indie. This was actually my Dad's; he bought it in '02, and was lead to believe it was a Peavey.

I was planning to put a Warmoth neck on it, but was told it wouldn't fit the neck socket, which is a bummer. So I'm now thinking of a decent neck (any recommendations would help here, btw). Also thinking of some Seymour Duncan pups and an OFR.

Oh so you are planning on making it a functioning instrument!

It would make some pretty wall art for me.
http://www.music-man.com/instruments/guitars/axis.html

yeah. a musicman axis.

routed for a locking tuner. that one doesnt have as many holes, but im sure some will
Quote by element4433

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Quote by rocknroll93
http://www.music-man.com/instruments/guitars/axis.html

yeah. a musicman axis.

routed for a locking tuner. that one doesnt have as many holes, but im sure some will

Thanks; now that I think about it, it probably is an older model Axis. Can anyone help with somewhere to get a half-decent neck that'll fit the bracket that delivers to Aus?
Music Man neck joints have 5 screws, not 4. It doesn't have the pickup selector on the upper horn so that Peaveys have. The shape also doesn't match. So it's not an Axis and it's not a Wolfgang.
VIntage used to make wolfgang shaped guitars.
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
Christ, is there a chance this is a fake?

could also be an OLP which was a budget version of MusicMan, sort of like what Squier is to Fender.

edit: ^yeah it could also be a 'vintage' but they usually alter the body shapes a little to avoid copyright infringement. It's hard to tell when it's just the scrap of wood that makes the body of the guitar, whether the shape is 100% accurate to the MM spec.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Last edited by Blompcube at Jul 14, 2010,
*OLP's always have had one knob i think.
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H