Lately I've been short of songs to learn. I can play most intermediate songs (Van Halen, Iron Maiden etc) and I don't know where to go from there. I need something fairly tricky, that sounds good. I can't sweep very well either. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
The Scorpions, try playing Matthias Jabs Solos. Great hard rock riffs and will give your fingers a workout

ESP LTD RZK-600
4 Custom Strats
1 Custom Soloist (Warmoth)
1 Custom Telecaster (Warmoth)
2007 Jimmie Vaughan Sig Strat

Callaham Hardware & Bridges
Fender Custom Shop 69's
Dimarzio Breed Pickups

Blues Junior Amp
BlackStar HT Club 40 Amp
Quote by SeeEmilyPlay
You can't possibly run out of songs to learn. There are so many out there. Anything off of Metallica's newest album "death magnetic" would be sick.

+1

I've had many problems learning to play the guitar, but running out of stuff to learn was never one of them.

You must know hundreds, even thousands of songs...just pick one you can't play and learn it.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
It's not that I don't know any songs, it's the songs I know I don't really want to learn. They either lack sophistication or are way out of my league.
Try to start writing your own music, I am sure you don't want to be a living jukebox.
Maybe try hardening up and just sweeping like a man. just yesterday i learned soothsayer, technical difficulties and summer song all while tossing off...if YOU find it hard to get songs to learn then you need to an hero.

(jks we r reall life friends dun ban me or sumthin)_
Quote by LukeyBEAR
It's not that I don't know any songs, it's the songs I know I don't really want to learn. They either lack sophistication or are way out of my league.

What?

Try something by Racer X that's not too crazy (Dead man's Shoes, Street Lethal) or Colorado Bulldog by Mr. Big, the song is pretty difficult and will likely give you a test.
I own an Ibanez J-Custom

I am Guitarnoob_100. Say hey

PSN: Whiski_Guy
Xbox Live: Chris2194

Steam: Galiathslay
Thanks for all your help guys.
ESP EC-250 Distressed w/ Seymours
ESP Eclipse Custom
Boss ME-70
Fender Frontman
Quote by LukeyBEAR

Learn them anyway.

Never, ever fall into the trap of telling yourself that something is "too easy", or that you're "too good" to learn it. That's one of the biggest mistakes a guitarist can make.

You don't get good by learning harder and harder things, you're not levelling up in a video game. You get good by paying as much attention to the basic, simple things as you do the flashy stuff. Fancy stuff is all well and good for embellishing your playing but it's worthless if you've got nothing to embellish.

If you want something that's challenging to work on then fair enough, but never turn your nose up at learning something new no matter how simple it seems. A gap in your knowledge is a gap, if you fill it you know more and you're a better player. If there's songs you love to listen to then learn to play them.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com