So yeah, soon I'm going to order my used 6505/5150, and I don't really know where to put it. My mum says she's going to get my dad to set up the celler/basement/under the house so I can play, but will they be able to hear me still? I thought they would hear me less because it won't be played upstairs, so it wont send vibrations through the floorboards to downstairs and around the house.

Do you think they'll be able to hear me, my cellar is pretty big, but yeah?
No. Put a false ceiling in to create an air gap between you and the floor above. You can use fibreglass bats above the ceiling too but you still want some air gap as well.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Extra insulation and some studio foam should help. It also depends on how high you're going to crank your amp. I would also be concerned about leaving your instrument(s) down there. When you're done playing you should keep your guitar upstairs unless you plan on having temperature/humidity control in the basement.
What's nice about that one is it has a master volume, so you can play it at 0.5 or 1 volume and still get plenty of preamp distortion without shaking the pictures off the wall upstairs.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
Quote by SeeEmilyPlay
Extra insulation and some studio foam should help. It also depends on how high you're going to crank your amp. I would also be concerned about leaving your instrument(s) down there. When you're done playing you should keep your guitar upstairs unless you plan on having temperature/humidity control in the basement.

Yeah, I think I'll have to bring my guitar upstairs once I'm finished.
I keep all my gear in my basement, and considering irish weather is so bad, its currently raining after me being severly sunburnt. But my bass's are fine, no neck warp or anything. And my carved double bass which can easily swell and crack has been fine.
However the whole house knows when im playing just the vibrations. But this is bass. When i occasionally crank up the guitar through my Shitty MG its grand and thats one of the 100 1x12 combo's, so i think you should be ok.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
I'm not going to crank the amp to 10, obviously, because that would probably make my head explode. But I will turn it up to see what volumes they can hear it at.
Have a friend play down there, just some repetitive riff or even one note if they can't play well, and go around the house noting how loud it is at different volumes. That way you'll know based on who's home and where they are in the house how loud you can be.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
i have a small room converted into a music room, it does not have any sound proofing at all, and its upstairs...with the door shut...a towel shoved under the door gap, and on the lowest volume setting my Wife complains about my Fender Bassman LTD...and when i crank it...well...that just makes it even worse! my neighbors outside even comment that they can hear it when they are outside...but they are usually drunk so they dont mind.

so your parents will definately hear it!
If it's loud enough, they won't come down there and you won't be able to hear them yell at you! Keep it on 10!
I love all 5 (sold a couple) of my Carvin X-100b's.
I can get pretty loud in my basement, and my mom can sleep in her room on the only other floor in the house. "Loud" being just enough for it to sound cool, versus as quiet as possible.

BTW, cellar = grim as fvck!
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
I have all my stuff in the basement, and my parents can still hear me playing, but its not too too bad. And I also keep my guitars down there all the time, no issues.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
When we have band practice in my buddies "cellar" the neighbors three houses away call the cops...
Quote by BobDetroit
When we have band practice in my buddies "cellar" the neighbors three houses away call the cops...

That is a full band though.