I love to play heavy metal stuff, and an essential to this is playing cleanly. now, when im playing a lick which starts on a high string, then start moving to lower strings, i can play fairly cleanly, since my picking hand's fingers naturally mute the higher stirngs as i move to lower strings.
However, I have tried a lot of techniques, and i still cant play mostly cleanly when moving UP the strings. I've taken a look, and this seems to happen due to my fingers lifting from the strings, causing a sort of pull-off effect, which sounds horrible and buzzy..

What would you guys suggest to do to prevent string noise when i move up strings on the guitar? Isa it something i gotta do with my fretting hand maybe? i know a bunch of tecjhniques to mute the strings, but i just want to know what techniques are mosat effective.

Thanks for any advice
Use the one most suitable for YOU. And all in all you just have to practice it, you don't necessarily have to start practicing fast, speed would be the result not the goal of your practice.
Quote by Zeletros
Use the one most suitable for YOU. And all in all you just have to practice it, you don't necessarily have to start practicing fast, speed would be the result not the goal of your practice.

This. Everyone's different.
Your light bulb knows everything you do in your room.
Use the side of your right hand (bit you use to palm mute) to mute lower strings, also sometimes the fleshy part just below the thumb.
Speed is a by-product of shut the fuck up.