Page 1 of 3
Investigations into the death of Raoul Moat has revealed that the type of taser used during the final stand-off wasn't approved by the Home Office.

The taser used isn't the standard type, but instead consists of a small projectile with spikes upon one end. This can be fired from a standard 12-gauge shotgun and once it hits the target, delievers a shock of some 20,000 volts.

So, Pit, what is your opinion on the use of tasers, especially supposed super-tasers?

I would personally rather take a taser shot of any kind to gunshot.
Better than a gun, but it's a weapon nonetheless and should only be used in extreme cases.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
As long as they yell "PIKAAACHUUU" before they tase they should be allowed to
Quote by jibran
I go to the pit only to just look at your creepy perverted username.

My Tumblr
I think its over powered. The people should be given some order before *zap zap* comes into action.
But, PIKACHU makes it legal.
This is why we can't have nice things!
TBH, the shotgun taser is a bit ridiculous. It shocks you for like 20s, which is excessive.
I don't see why there was any need to tase him when he was just sat there with the gun pointed to himself.
Quote by MightyAl
TBH, the shotgun taser is a bit ridiculous. It shocks you for like 20s, which is excessive.

Even a standard taser, something like what they use in the US, still gives a good 7s blast.
Also, in reference to the 'super taser', I'll have the soup, please.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Even a standard taser, something like what they use in the US, still gives a good 7s blast.

And that's plenty. Once the shock has stopped, they'd still have to get over it, which buys the tasering officer an extra couple of seconds to restrain them manually. Or, alternatively, taser them again.
Last edited by MightyAl at Jul 14, 2010,
Quote by whalepudding
Police should be in no rush to use them.

I saw the word 'rush' in that and thought about something completely different.
Quote by JeanMi36
Better than a gun, but it's a weapon nonetheless and should only be used in extreme cases.

This, and they used it on a guy who had shot three people, killing one of them. I think they were right in using it, he was a danger to himself and whatever, and it was bound to happen that he'd kill himself.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by will123456789
This, and they used it on a guy who had shot three people, killing one of them. I think they were right in using it, he was a danger to himself and whatever, and it was bound to happen that he'd kill himself.

I think an appropriate term to use here is suicide-by-cop. He wanted the police to shoot him.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
I think an appropriate term to use here is suicide-by-cop. He wanted the police to shoot him.

I think it's a good time to use this image again.
Quote by AnAngrySquirrel
I don't think they should be used for political and moral reasons.

you're absolutely correct. they should be used strictly for recreational purposes.
The Taser they used is still in the development stages yes, but it's almost finished all of it's testing and has passed with flying colours.

I think in situations involving a standard police officer Taser > gun.

In a situation where S.W.A.T teams are called in, the threat would be better dealt with using a gun. Tasers are simply too 'resistable' to be a definite way of protecting the officers or public.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
It's a shame UK police aren't armed....it was such a beautful sight to see British police carrying guns and tasers.
Quote by JeanMi36

Just what I was thinking
Quote by xaviergray
Asking the Pit to play this is kinda like asking the guy who makes suggestive gay jokes if he wants to have sex with a man.
I'm all for the use of a normal taser, but idk about a "super-taser." However either one beats getting shot with a real gun
Quote by AnAngrySquirrel
I don't think they should be used for political and moral reasons.

yes

they should only be used for abundantly humourous reasons
Quote by jimejames
yes

they should only be used for abundantly humourous reasons

So like when you see someone who really needs the toilet;

"I really need to go"
*b'zapp*
"Aww man!"
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
I dont really mind tbh. Agreeing with others, it beats getting shot with a real gun and Agreeing slightly with Fassa, I would love to see police on the beat here armed with a normal taser. It would make them more feared I think and would help a bit more.

I suppose the shotgun taser is a bit much but when dealing with a case like RM, I thought it was okay. Seriously he was in a 5 hour standoff with police about killing himself, killed one person, wounded 2 others and threatened to kill more policemen/women. The guy was clearly mental. I think police made the right choice in the end and they really tried to take him quietly.

Sad thing I find about this now is either way, the policeman/woman that shot him with the taser will now probalby lose their jobs and do jail. Its a problem here, Firearm police do their jobs and have to result to the final ultimatum of opening fire when no other option is available and they get done for it. what a disgrace.

EDIT: Now that I am done with the seriousness,
http://5secondfilms.com/watch/compliment_taser
Quote by GezzyDiversion
Sadokun: Eating cardboard never tasted this good!

Quote by Otis Lee Crenshaw
Billy Ray Cyrus? Billy Ray Cyrus is about as f****** country as a bag of f****** wet mice, alright?
Last edited by Sadokun at Jul 14, 2010,
Quote by Todd Hart
So like when you see someone who really needs the toilet;

"I really need to go"
*b'zapp*
"Aww man!"

somewhere out there, there's a video of a naked guy who claims he's a wizard getting gratuitously tased by 3 cops at a music festival

am trying to find the link for it
They give them out at the door at the Furry parties I go to. You haven't felt alive until you've had 20,000 volts go through each nipple.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
It's a shame UK police aren't armed....it was such a beautful sight to see British police carrying guns and tasers.

Police officiers should be armed with Chainsaws. I heard there was loads of zombies in the UK!
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
I'm all for them. It's a good way to disarm and disable a dangerous person. It probably hurts like hell, I imagine 20,000 volts would but if they didn't put themselves in the situation then they wouldn't get the good news would they?
I think if they HAVE to use a taster to dissolve a situation then okay but as long as they're not firing around the chest or head area because people die from that sort of stuff.
Quote by leg end
I'm all for them. It's a good way to disarm and disable a dangerous person. It probably hurts like hell, I imagine 20,000 volts would but if they didn't put themselves in the situation then they wouldn't get the good news would they?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wYEBd-Mpus
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

Yeah. Glorious.
Quote by gabcd86

Yeah. Glorious.

Hey, he was a menace to society. Didn't pay to use the Underground. Got off lightly, really.
Page 1 of 3