so, counting down the months until Australia gets its international music fix for the year, and a lot of people are unimpressed by the line up so far.....

so what do you think? and what who do you want to see/think will make soundwave 2011.

so far the confirmed line up (so far) is:
The Blackout
Protest the Hero
The Ataris
Trash Talk
All That Remains
Less Than Jake
There For Tomorrow
Is bad ass one or two words?
Last edited by wokandmurrys at Jul 14, 2010,
Line up looks alright. Less Than Jake, i would love to see them!
I Like Deathcore, Deal With It!
This festival gets more and more scene every year.
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
Quote by sebastian_96
This festival gets more and more scene every year.

Agreed, 100%.

The only band I'd see there would be Less Than Jake. I saw them a couple years back, great fun. If that's the final lineup I'll give it a miss...

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
i can only speak for brisbane,
but it got alot worse this year (and it was never very good). in organisation and food and everything. and they need a new location. seriously. and the atmosphere is horrible. i witnessed two times when a person fell down and like, nobody tried to help them up. it was horrible.

also, australia gets a better international music fix from big day out, which is a thousand times better in every way. better organisation, better atmosphere, better food, better festival, better time, better money spent.

so yeah. ill probs go to soundwave just to see the ataris.
hopefully they do a side show.
I feel bad for you Aussies. It's like an Emo/Scene extravaganza. ICK! You all should protest and make signs saying, "Go away, Emo kids!".
i got free tix to this year's. it was a great time. if i can score em again i'll probably go.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
I feel bad for you Aussies. It's like an Emo/Scene extravaganza. ICK! You all should protest and make signs saying, "Go away, Emo kids!".

depends what you go to.
but yes, its very upsetting especially as im 18 and getting bought up with it
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Agreed, 100%.

The only band I'd see there would be Less Than Jake. I saw them a couple years back, great fun. If that's the final lineup I'll give it a miss...

theres like another 40 odd bands to be announced.

heres hoping it gets A LOT better

*crosses fingers*
Quote by Doonan
i can only speak for brisbane,
but it got alot worse this year (and it was never very good). in organisation and food and everything. and they need a new location. seriously. and the atmosphere is horrible. i witnessed two times when a person fell down and like, nobody tried to help them up. it was horrible..........

haha, Sydney ran out of water this year.... it was like 40 degrees with no shade..... not good.... still, it was good fun.

there are to many 'un-seasoned' people going into mosh pits these days and thats how people get hurt. when people arnt getting helped up, not good to watch =/
Just got my ticket to the Melbourne show. Stoked. First festival ever, let alone in Aus, (only moved here in August). Can't wait for Maiden, QOTSA and Dimmu Borgir.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
I still don't have a ticket

Pretty keen to see high on fire and QOTSA.
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
Was going to crack it over that list but I realised this thread is a bit older. Maiden are playing and that's reason enough to go in and of itself. XD And as far as I can remember there's also Avenged Sevenfold (who I'm keen to see) and Slash and QOTSA and Rob Zombie and some other awesome stuff. Frankly I think it's an awesome line up. Oh I think Slayer are playing too.

That said the one I want to see most is Protest the Hero, only since I've seen Maiden before
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
I was hoping for something Transformers related that wouldn't suck.
STEELERS

PENGUINS

Deal with it

Max Talbot will always be my hero
Got my ticket! Foxy Shazam here I come.
Quote by Riffofthebeast
hitler could have conquered the entire world if he just sent an assasin to every enemy country and have their leader assasinated
I'd want to go for There for Tommorow. But unfortunately I'm on the other side of the world in a friggin rainstorm.
Quote by VVolverin3
Was going to crack it over that list but I realised this thread is a bit older. Maiden are playing and that's reason enough to go in and of itself. XD And as far as I can remember there's also Avenged Sevenfold (who I'm keen to see) and Slash and QOTSA and Rob Zombie and some other awesome stuff. Frankly I think it's an awesome line up. Oh I think Slayer are playing too.

That said the one I want to see most is Protest the Hero, only since I've seen Maiden before

Yea the line up is actually awesome now.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
The line ups alright, unfortunate about BDO (except i'd love to see die antwoord, they're hilarious...)

But No sleep Til Sydney on the other hand is much better IMO. (Megadeth, Descendents, NoFX, Parkway, August Burns Red etc..) me and a few mates are going for the day out, should be fun.
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
Last edited by splamron at Oct 20, 2010,
Got my ticket a while a go, so excited to see QOTSA, slash, primus, rob zombie, maiden and one day as a lion, then gang of four, sum 41, less then jake.

Too bad about the BDO line up though :/
Quote by splamron
The line ups alright, unfortunate about BDO (except i'd love to see die antwoord, they're hilarious...)

But No sleep Til Sydney on the other hand is much better IMO. (Megadeth, Descendents, NoFX, Parkway, August Burns Red etc..) me and a few mates are going for the day out, should be fun.

I'm not here for No Sleep Til Melbourne but I'd have loved to have gone to that as well.

Holy shit BDO line up is awesome. May have to try and get a ticket to that as well

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Last edited by jambi_mantra at Oct 20, 2010,
Quote by Grave Robber
Line up looks alright. Less Than Jake, i would love to see them!

A7X better make it
Epic bump but who went to Melbourne yesterday? Thought it was awesome, best bands for me were probably The Sword, Dimmu, QOTSA, Stone Sour, One Day as a Lion and obviously Maiden.

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
I went to the Sydney one. Iron Maiden and Primus were so good.

Queens of the Stonge Age and The Sword were pretty good too.

I tried to watch one song by Asking Alexandria but couldn't even make it through. So ridiculously bad.
Quote by Butt Rayge
I went to the Sydney one. Iron Maiden and Primus were so good.

Queens of the Stonge Age and The Sword were pretty good too.

I tried to watch one song by Asking Alexandria but couldn't even make it through. So ridiculously bad.

I heard people went mental in Sydney when Slayer pulled out.

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
I was among them.

Thouh I only wanted to see Angel of Death and Raining Blood. I felt sorry for the guy who had to tell everyone.

Well, and the fans. Some of them were there only for slayer.