if you were to have a crybaby original wah,
a Boss Equalizer
a metal zone distortion pedal
a Boss DD-7
a Tremolo pedal
and a noise supressor
what order would you place these in? include which you'd place in the loop of the NS and just overall detailed explanations for the order.
Guitar > Wah > Metal Zone > Amp
Everything else in the Fx Loop, for example like: EQ > Tremolo > Delay > Noise Supressor.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
Last edited by The^Unforgiven at Jul 14, 2010,
Quote by Jackamedmos
haha, are you seriously using that metalzone with your spider?

o lawds.

Why buy those pedals for a spider?

Unless he plans on getting a new amp.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
I would put the wah and ml-2 into the suppressor's loop because those hiss and feedback like crap.

Then it's like this. Guitar - NS - trem - delay. Some might disagree, but that's how i setup mine.

Idk how u use ur EQ so it's up to you.
Gear
Fender Hotrod Deville 2x12
Fender MIM Strat | Epi Dot 335
Fulltone '69 mkii | Boss OD-1
'95 RAT2 | '78 IC Big Muff | DL4
Quote by mitchell.minami
if you were to have a crybaby original wah,
a Boss Equalizer
a metal zone distortion pedal
a Boss DD-7
a Tremolo pedal
and a noise supressor
what order would you place these in? include which you'd place in the loop of the NS and just overall detailed explanations for the order.

Id' start with the Metal Zone, then the EQ, then the Wah, then the Tremolo, then the DD-7, and then the DD-7, then into the amp, that's how I usually do it, and use the loop as a booster for solos.

The reason is because any effects that come after a previous effect have an effect on that effect. So say, if you did the distortion pedal last, it would distort the signal coming out of all the pedals, including the effect itself, which can make the sound muddy.

The metal zone comes first because the only thing I ever want distorted is just the guitar itself.

Then the EQ so I can control the equalization of the overall sound of the dirtbox more, using the band to tweak what frequencies I want to take out and add and in what amount, allowing for a wide range of tonal variety.

After that I'd put the wah, because I want the Wah to affect the sound of the guitar, but not the sound of the ambient effects that come after.

Then after that comes the Tremelo pedal, reason being, if it were behind the distortion the distortion could bring out any artifacts and unwanted oscillations from the Trem pedal, and want it after the wah because the wah can soften the effect, and the EQ could EQ the effect as well causing it to be less effective due to draining certain frequency bands the pedal might require for it's effect.

The very last pedal I put into the chain would be the noise suppressor, reason being, it will remove the noise from everything behind it when you are not playing, leaving only the guitar sound. This is especially useful if you are using high gain distortion with a single coil equipped guitar to cut back on the hum and noise.

Generally, this is how all my signal chains work)

1.) Pitch Effects
2.) Compression/Sustain/Limitation Effects
3.) Distortions/Overdrives/Fuzzes
4.) EQs and Filters (ie. Wah Pedals and Graphic Equilizers)
5.) Modulation Effects (Phaser, Chorus, Flanger)
6.) Reverb/Delay Effects
6.) Noise Gates

I tend to use my FX loop more as a booster for solos if it's footswitchable, otherwise, I never use it, I just run all my pedals before the preamp, right into the input jack, whichever one sounds best if I have more than one.
My Current Mains
- 1996 Fender Jag-Stang with EMG Pickups
- 1998 Fender Jaguar with Cool Rails
- 1982 Hondo Paul Dean II (DiMarzio Super II X2)
- 2010 "Fender" Jazzmaster (Home built)
- 2013 Squier VM Bass VI (stock)
yeah, i DO plan on replacing my amp. This is mostly just hypothetical, but along the line it's what i plan to buy.
the loop of the NS2 is used to cancel out the lingering sounds of your effects when they're shut off/ you're not playing. Since you've got some noisy BOSS pedals, I'd put them all in the loop of the NS2 (aside from the EQ and wah). That is, unless you go with other people's setups, then you should put them in because that's just how it'd logically work. My suggestion would be:

guitar>wah>EQ>NS2(MT2, DD7, trem)>amp
Pedal Board(s)

GAS list:
- Fender Jazzmaster
- Supa Trem
- 2x12 cab
- Mesa Lone Star
- ondes martenot
only if you don't set the threshold and attack (sensitivity?) correctly
Pedal Board(s)

GAS list:
- Fender Jazzmaster