This is my own original song which doesnt have any lyrics yet but I can imagine that the song would be similar to a Funeral For A Friend/Lostprophets song and think the song would be good with high pitch vocals. It is quite repetitive and I need opinions on what bits need to be cut down and changed. I'm now looking now to add a interlude section which I think needs to be a completely different rhythm, but obviously still keeping with the same style of music, and I need opinions on what kind of genre you would class this as? I have only put in guitars just for the minute.

Thanks for taking a look.

Ben
Attachments:
Bens FFAF soundalike song.gp5
Your creation is very simple which i like about the most. The intro however is strange i mean with the E/F# progression and the C/D . I played it several times and the hole thing started sounding like Bullet for my valentine which is not bad at all. My recommendation is to keep the melodic pathern of the Bridge but spice it up listen to All these things i hate revolve around me and your betrayal from Bullet. You ll see what i mean
Quote by slayerfrk
i even added some extra stuff no need for thanks.

GO TO BAR 53 thats where the interlude is

You are too cool for words to adequately describe.

W@nker.
My songs are all located here .
Feel free to drop by and crit a song.
Leave a link and I'll return a crit

Colossus
thanks for your comment agerginov. i'll try looking at them songs, and i never thought of bullet for my valentine when play it back. and that interlude... yeah i wont talk about that...
Ok, so I did a makeover on this. I changed the intro acoustic guitar to a piano, added some strings, did a clean interlude at bar 53, added a final chorus and outro. I also added drums and bass for the whole thing, and removed the lower notes from the lead guitar track. All in all, I think it's pretty fair to say that it's a pretty damn good song, and I added some things to make it a little more interesting and less repetitive. Hope you like what I did to your baby.
Attachments:
Edit for Ben.gp5
Thanks for working on the song. It all seems a bit too much now. I'm not sure what to make of it. Also its kinda lost its genre...
Last edited by guitaristben at Jul 16, 2010,
Quote by guitaristben
Thanks for working on the song. It all seems a bit too much now. I'm not sure what to make of it. Also its kinda lost its genre...

And? A song has to fit in to one genre?
My songs are all located here .
Feel free to drop by and crit a song.
Leave a link and I'll return a crit

Colossus
What do you mean by a bit too much? I can try and tone it down if you'd like. Any area you want mellowed in particular? The drums would be my guess.