They're a good alternative to the br00thulz.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Why shouldn't we? They don't actually make us feel genuine sadness the same way our brother being killed with a brick would, they just sound sad. If anything we empathise with them and feel better because of it.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
human instinct is to get all the happiness in our short lives as possible right, but why are we listening to songs that actually make you depressed, and not that ones that claim to be sad
Quote by RU Experienced?
Because people can relate to the music and feel comforted that other people have experienced similar problems to their own.

This

The last thing you want to hear when you're feeling down is a cheery, upbeat song that will only make your situation seem worse by comparrison
Appreciating Metal since 1998

R.I.P - Ronnie James Dio

1942-2010
Quote by insanityisfreed
human instinct is to get all the happiness in our short lives as possible right, but why are we listening to songs that actually make you depressed, and not that ones that claim to be sad

No, I don't think it is. And the "sad" feeling we get when we listen to a sad song is different to the one we get when something horrible happens to us. The same way the thrilling kind of fear we experience when watching a horror film is different to the traumatic kind you would experience if what you were watching was real.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Jul 14, 2010,
In times like that, we can relate. We'll do a lot to feel like we aren't alone, and it helps in the recovery process to know that a bad time you're going through has been conquered by someone else. There's always a way for things to get better.
Quote by insanityisfreed

I don't think we can have happiness without some kind of sadness to put it into perspective. And anyways, it doesn't usually have a profound effect unless you want it to. 90% of the music I listen to and get enjoyment from is considered by most people I know to be really sad sounding. However, of my friend group, I'm the most bubbly, jokester-type person (which is saying a lot).
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Music is a strong emotionnal vehicule.

And a good song is good, no matter the theme.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
For the same reason whe listen to songs about cumming blood. It makes us feel good and we can relate to it.
May the Schwartz be with us! 2012

MAL

Q: OK, so do you care about the labels — nastiest, edgiest team in the NFL?

Jim Schwartz: It's better than the alternative — meekest, least aggressive, softest team in the NFL.

Quote by maidenrulz19
For the same reason whe listen to songs about cumming blood. It makes us feel good and we can relate to it.

cumming blood, what songs involve that, im deeply interested
Quote by insanityisfreed
cumming blood, what songs involve that, im deeply interested

I Cum Blood by Cannibal Corpse, and pretty much every other song by them as well
Appreciating Metal since 1998

R.I.P - Ronnie James Dio

1942-2010