Not sure what to say about this one...started out along as a hardcore/posthardcore song with an epic intro...but it decided to take a danny elfmanish turn.

Leave a link and ill c4c.

EDIT: Changed the Ending a little
Attachments:
Crooked.zip
Last edited by DarkSonata at Jul 15, 2010,
love the intro with the keys and strings, really cool effect happening there
nice and ambient.
i love the acoustic guitar in the intro too.
Great stuff, really nice.
Piano line sounds brilliant.
Wasn't too fond of the last chord in the intro.

the next riff is really cool, nice and different imo.

I loved the chordal riff after it, the leads go over it very well.

the next lot of riffs are really cool,
bar 141 was REALLY crazy.
It scared me :O
Probably my favourite part of the entire song.
reminds me of between the buried and me slightly, sounds loike something they'd do.

the song was brilliant,
i would give it about 9/10 man.
really good work,
all of the instruments blend well together, really well.

no c4c here. (nothing uploaded)

nice!
Can we erase the past?
To allow our dreams to forever last?

Gear:

Mesa Boogie Mini Rec 25
Mesa Boogie Rectifier 2x12 cab

Jackson DK2, DK2M, DKMGT, SLAT3-7, DK1
I wasn't gonna crit this but after listening I felt I had to.
The intro was creepy and beautiful.
Loved every moment of it.
Wasn't a fan of the distorted bass, it just made it sound like your guitars were in Drop D down an octave, but that's obviously just Midi making it sound bad, i'm sure it'd sound fine in a recording.
I hate the drumming at that point (28-35), I thought it was terrible and really annoyed me.
The bridge at 36 is fine, does a good job, and then the little acoustic interlude was sweet.
The verse bit was nice, seeing as this is rather post-hardcore i'm presuming this is what you wrote first. It fits in nicely, the chords and leads are all good. The piano over the top is great, makes it feel very epic.
It's all much of the same until 95 with only slight variations, but it didn't get boring and definitely had an epic feel to it.
The interlude is amazing. Hauntingly beautiful with the piano.
Tension is building at 137... I'm expecting something big here
Oh, nothing really happening. Just different variations on the lead with other instruments. Good, but not what i had hoped for.
Well I have to admit that every moment of the interlude was beautiful and epic. I cannot stress that enough. But I am disappointed that the interlude to lead to a big epic finally, it just faded away basically.
Honestly though, fantastic song.

If you wanna C4C click the link in my sig, it'll take you to a page with all my songs on.
If possible could you crit Only Human which is in GP4/GP5 folder 2, it;s a post-hardcore song with a nice interlude so you might like it. If not the post rock song in the separate folder might be to your taste although it is rather long.
My songs are all located here .
Feel free to drop by and crit a song.
Leave a link and I'll return a crit

Colossus
This, sir, is magnificent.

You have mastered the art of development. Congrats! It takes a lot of patience and hard work to create something that is expansive as this.

You're obviously very skilled in songwriting, this is awesome.

The only crit I'd have is each section, the melody and counter-melody usually don't change much throughout the phrase. Each phrase sounds like a progression outlined by sequences of a similar rhythmic motif. It's a VERY cool effect, but some variety would be cool.

I'm curious, what kind of music background do you have and how long did this take to write?
Quote by coffeeguy9
This, sir, is magnificent.

You have mastered the art of development. Congrats! It takes a lot of patience and hard work to create something that is expansive as this.

You're obviously very skilled in songwriting, this is awesome.

The only crit I'd have is each section, the melody and counter-melody usually don't change much throughout the phrase. Each phrase sounds like a progression outlined by sequences of a similar rhythmic motif. It's a VERY cool effect, but some variety would be cool.

I'm curious, what kind of music background do you have and how long did this take to write?

Thanks. My music background is self taught minus a few years of guitar lessons when i was younger. I listen to all sorts of music...pretty much any form of rock or metal and then some. This took me about a week or so off an and im still working on it...ill hopefully have the rest done soon