Leaning heavily towards either an HT-40 or HT-60. Looking to gig with it. Currently drummer is on an E-kit so we can control his volume, but we might do some shows eventually with his acoustic kit and he's LOUD. Can the 40 keep up? In most of those situations, there will likely be a house PA so we'll mic it out or direct out so maybe it doesn't matter.

Also, I can get the HT-40 plus a 112 extension cabinet for slightly less than the HT-60. My thought was perhaps leaving the cab at the practice area location would make transporting the lighter HT-40 home easier. Although it was be nice to have the HT-60 to have a little more oomph as well as the potential to stick a 212 underneath it if we were to play larger venues.

Any other pros/cons to the HT-40 & 112 vs. the HT-60?

Finally, how does the direct out on the HT Venues sound, or is simply better to mike it?
Greg
Guitarist, Twisted Nut - CT Modern Rock Cover Band
I'd definitely go with the 60, not cause of volume (the 40 will be loud enough) but simply cause with an extra channel and several extra modes it will be much more versatile and you will have to spend less time fiddling with knobs between songs if you have the extra channel which is already set up...
It would be plenty. I know a guy who gigs with a HT20 combo, and it sounds great. So you'll be fine. Getting the 60, you get the extra channel and features. If you've got the money, go for the 60.
Gear
3rd Power Amplification HD100
Splawn Competition
Marshall 1987x
Vox AC30C2

Charvel San Dimas 1 2H
2008 Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender MIM Strat

Check out my YouTube channel!
Yeah, the third channel on the 60 is appealing. Might pull the trigger on the 112 extension cab anyway.
Greg
Guitarist, Twisted Nut - CT Modern Rock Cover Band
Don't expect anything amazing from the HT Venue series, they're not terrible or anything, but they certainly left something to be desired for me. Also, it broke after about a month of having it from brand new.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
I've got a 40W amp, turning up to be heard over a drummer pushes it to the limit, I presume its due to the amount of Bass and Gain I use, depends on your EQ really
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.
Quote by bikerboyjosh
I've got a 40W amp, turning up to be heard over a drummer pushes it to the limit, I presume its due to the amount of Bass and Gain I use, depends on your EQ really

Is it a valve amp?
If so then that's the first time I've ever heard someone say that.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Quote by FuzzLove
Is it a valve amp?
If so then that's the first time I've ever heard someone say that.

yeah, I only know its pushed to the limit 'cause its got a built in VU meter so I know how hard the tubes are working. If I didn't have this, I'd have not idea and would probs have driven it much harder without a thought.
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.