can anybody tell me anything about this guitar? it seems to be one of the best selling guitars on musiciansfriend.com, and it's on sale right now for $99, with a solid top. but there seems to be absolutely no reviews for it. this just seems weird to me. anybody have any experiences with this guitar?
Bumpity Bump.
I'm really considering to buy the washburn d6s because it's on sale right now for $99 (used to be $200), which sounds really tempting for me. plus, it's got a solid top, which is kind of the biggest factor of me wanting to buy this guitar - it's the only $99 guitar with a solid top. however, it hass absolutely no reviews, which sounds somewhat shady.
any assuring opinions on why i should buy the washburn d6s rather than something like the Epiphone DR-100 ($99, with great reviews), or even something like http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Rogue-RA100D-Dreadnought-Acoustic-Guitar?sku=511192 ($80, also with great reviews)?
Last edited by oommggwwttff at Jul 15, 2010,
it doesn't sound shady at all - it's new to the washburn line. at its normal price, expect it to sound like a budget guitar, and if that's okay with you, there ya go. personally i don't like the sound of the washburn dreads i've played, but that's just personal taste, so you may feel different. if you do, this may be the guitar for you. and keep in mind that musiciansfriend, gc, ams and many other larger guitar stores have a very liberal return policy - as long as you don't damage the guitars, you can return them within 30 days just because you don't like them.

i REALLY don't like the epiphone you mention - i saw all those great reviews a year and a half ago, tried several of the dr-100, and realized that the people who like it must be new players or those validating their own choices. it didn't sound good, the frets on most i tried were sharp, the hardware and finish were uninspiring. well, it sounded better than first act and other guitars of that sort. we got a rogue starter guitar here for $35 that sounds better to me and to my husband, and hey, it was $35. http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Rogue-Starter-Acoustic-Guitar?sku=519266&src=3WFRWXX&ZYXSEM=0&CAWELAID=26044824

2 things if you DO go for the rogue starter guitar. first, despite the claims on all the ads, it is NOT a 3/4 or smaller guitar. it's the size of an overgrown classical, a different shape but about the size of an OM or a pinch bigger. also i suggest you don't get the natural. we did, and their weird finish looks better on any of the other three colors.
Last edited by patticake at Jul 15, 2010,