Do you favor blazing fast sweeps and scale runs? Any metal band nowadays is a good example. Or are you more content with people playing with feeling. Like B.B King or David Gilmour? I personally like a melodic structure with feeling. Discuss!

Remember. NO FLAMING
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAHellraiser
Go into Guitar Center and tell them you are willing to spend $3000 on as many Spider and MG half stacks as they can give you.
This won't end well.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
This is not going to end well.
My Last.FM

"The more you think, the better you're going to play. That should be a quote somewhere."
- Marty Friedman
It's called balance. You can do both.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Quote by KevinFreund
Do you favor blazing fast sweeps and scale runs? Any metal band nowadays is a good example. Or are you more content with people playing with feeling. Like B.B King or David Gilmour? I personally like a melodic structure with feeling. Discuss!

Remember. NO FLAMING

Sweeping generalization.

Anyhow, i prefer both. And who says a fast solo can't have soul?
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Oh Sweet -10

It's been done many many many times over already
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
It may not end well but in any case I enjoy reading ignorant peoples comments about THIS WAY IS SOO MUSH BETTER THEN THAT!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAHellraiser
Go into Guitar Center and tell them you are willing to spend $3000 on as many Spider and MG half stacks as they can give you.
newb.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
where's the 'slow + no soul', drone metal needs love too you know.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Speed where speed is appropriate.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Quote by KevinFreund
It may not end well but in any case I enjoy reading ignorant peoples comments about THIS WAY IS SOO MUSH BETTER THEN THAT!

ah so you started a thread to read people's angry responses?

methinks that be too close to trolling for my likes.

*reported*
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Soul.

Anything faster than the tapping in "Eruption" I think is dumb. Which isn't really too fast. I just thing it sounds stupid. *shrug*

If a guitar solo only has 3 notes in it, but the atmosphere it creates is beautiful, I don't care that it's only 3 notes even though metalheads will be like "HUURRRR HE SUCKS."
Quote by DashBlaster
To be a professional you should be able to do both.

or be able to do what the old guy in your avatar is doing
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
I rather listen to david gilmour play 1 note than a shredder playing 1000000 notes, but what works for me may not work for other people
im more of a soul guy, but in Selkies they pull of the soul sweeps
Gibson RawPower SG 2009 (Zales)
Gibson Hummingbird 70's? (Amy)
Jet City JCA 20 Watt Combo
Dunlop Crybaby wah
MXR 10 Band EQ
Ibanez TS-9
Quote by CG Man16
Sweeping generalization.

Hurr hurr hurr.

TS, you are implying that fast playing can not have any emotion to it, while slow playing always does. That is not correct. Additionally, there are emotions besides sadness.