Hey guys lately ive been looking at buying a new acoustic and a new electris. And I ran across Luna Guitars. They look really sharp and sound pretty nice from the videos...But does anyone have any experience with the acoustics or electrics?
A friend of mine plays a luna acoustic, one of the most comfortable acoustics ive ever played, slim body, great action, great neck, good sound for the price. He has one of the henna series electro acoustics, couldnt tell you which one but it plays beautifully. Only cost about 300GBP at the time too.
Been wondering about this myself actually.
Anyone have any experiance with any of their nylon string guitars?
I think Luna makes some nice guitars I have had a few acoustics and a couple Luna Basses. I wouldn't have a problem buying one but you need to try it out first.
They're good for a GIRL guitar... (they started as Dean making guitars for women)

I actually have played a few, not a fan of the accoustics I've tried.
^ wtf is a "girl guitar" really? there are daisy rock guitars that i wouldnt mind playing, and that is obviously a brand directed towards girls. havent tried a luna, but some of them do look damn nice.

if you just mean that the neck is compensated slightly for smaller hands, then sure, its a "girl" guitar.
i have a Luna Gypsy neo natural. it plays very very nice.

It is worth buying.
Quote by blasian
Hey guys lately ive been looking at buying a new acoustic and a new electris. And I ran across Luna Guitars. They look really sharp and sound pretty nice from the videos...But does anyone have any experience with the acoustics or electrics?

I spent several hours in a large (but non-chain) music store trying to find a new guitar for a friend of mine about 2 months ago.

He tried perhaps 25 instruments, and didn't seem REALLY happy with any of them. I was walking around and spotted a Luna Sol on the wall in a corner, and it hadn't been touched in quite some time (dust, and a little string rust), but I pulled it down and tuned it and handed it to him. It looks like this;

http://ak2.ostkcdn.com/images/products/T947352.jpg

He fell in LOVE. The neck shape, although a bit odd, works perfectly for him and it's a high quality very well made instrument.

Negotiations with the store went very well, and we walked out with his new purchase with a 10' cord, a dozen picks or so, new strings installed, a hard case and the guitar for $385.00

Highly recommended.

I told him if he hadn't bought it, I would have. I'm still a little bit jealous...
I used to have a luna andromeda dragon. Very comfortable and cool looking guitar though straight from the dealer it had to go to the shop as the nut wasn't glued on, held on with just the tension of the strings. Had it replaced with a tusq graphite nut and a good setup and it was a great guitar while I had it. The only bolt on neck I've ever liked to be fair to it.
It just had its share of faults, the fit and finish were pretty sloppy. Lot's of blemishes in the finish and the inlays and then the whole business with the nut left me pretty wary of Luna's.
If you can inspect one before you get it and make sure it doesn't have any of the issues mine had you'll probably be really happy with it.
Quote by MortifiedLizard
recently I turned it into an Esquire that impregnates unsuspecting people with my children whenever I play it.

Quote by Duv
The only good thing about my MG30 was I was able to have it in my room for 5 years solely as a place to hide cigarettes and condoms.
I replied to this before but have played a few more Luna guitars and they are consistent. As far as a girl guitar I wouldn't call it a girl guitar I do not think they were marketed for just girls but Daisy Rock guitars are and I have played some very nice ones. Luna made an LP Style guitar I liked very much Daisy Rock makes a nice LP style as well.

An all girl band called The Andwutz from Boston I am very good friends with won a contest and got 2 Daisy Rock guitars and a bass. I'll admit it, I really like the Rock Candy Classic with the Rainbow sparkle finish they gave them. I would buy one all I would do is either cover the pink and white pups or swap them out.

John
who calls something a girl guitar? Ive seen some daisy rock lps that i would have snapped up in a heartbeat if i had the cash. You have to be a true badass to play a pink guitar :P