Hi, i want to replace my bridge single-coil pickup with a humbucker. My question is: Do I need more than a HSS pickguard and a humbucker? I already got pots and a switch so do i need to change things otherwise than a HSS wiring?

Thanks in Advance
My Gear:

Stagg l320cs
Laney Prism P35 (35watt)
Custom Strat
Aria Steel String acoustic
The guitar i want to change is a strat by the way
My Gear:

Stagg l320cs
Laney Prism P35 (35watt)
Custom Strat
You need to check the routing under the pickguard to see if there's space for the humbucker. If there isn't then it's time to make merry with the power tools
Well, there is space! So i guess i can start building then
My Gear:

Stagg l320cs
Laney Prism P35 (35watt)
Custom Strat
Quote by BernardSambora
Hi, i want to replace my bridge single-coil pickup with a humbucker. My question is: Do I need more than a HSS pickguard and a humbucker? I already got pots and a switch so do i need to change things otherwise than a HSS wiring?

Thanks in Advance

To have a standard strat wiring with humbucker instead of SC, that is all you need. To be honest, you dont even need a new pickguard, you can just widen the slot to fit the humbucker and save yourself a few quid if you wish.
However, most people add mods to take advantage of the new pup. With one single coil, you can have two options: on and off. With a humbucker, you can have seven: Off, Series (stock wiring), parallel (similar to pos. 2 or 4 on a stock strat), coil tap N (similar to standard SC), coil tap S (again, similar to SC), phase reversal series, phase reversal parallel. You'll need more switches but you'll get loads more sounds. Plus, add some mods in for your SCs and you will have one versatile guitar. Or, you may decide you dont want any of these, so just ignore my comment
@minnis, i like your ideas man. I'm gonna use that mods
My Gear:

Stagg l320cs
Laney Prism P35 (35watt)
Custom Strat
Quote by BernardSambora
@minnis, i like your ideas man. I'm gonna use that mods

Great to hear that, can give very distinctive sounds, i know brian may from queen uses phase switching and series wiring in his signature guitar, unlike most stock guitars. Youtube all the terms to find out what they sound like and what you like - phase reversal in parallel sounds awfully thin and weak but some people like that. Once you find which ones you like head over to the ultimate wiring thread and ask the kind people there to draw you up a diagram