Page 1 of 2
So Pit, I am moving out of my mother's house this saturday on a 900 something mile trip to Indiana to go to college. I really wanted to spend quality time with my mother before I left and her work schedule only let's us be able to do something Friday evening. Instead, she wishes to go out with her friends to do some light drinking at a sportsbar in town instead of spending time with me for my last evening with her. I am deeply hurt.

tl;dr Mom want's to hang with friends instead of me on my final evening with her.

Your thoughts?
Quote by MightyAl
Go to said sportsbar. Pull one of her friends.

F*ck her in the @$$ and describe it to your mom.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Quote by MightyAl

This man knows his cougars
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
Enjoy your empty house while she's getting trashed. Have some of your friends over and smoke a little pot or drink, or whatever you guys like to do.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by MightyAl

MightyAl's got this shit on lock.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Yeah, I'd ask her if she can cancel and spend time with you.

What college are you going to?
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by MightyAl

If you've got it in you, do it.

Quote by gerardk
Who the fock hangs out with their own mother?

Someone mature enough to appreciate her.
Quote by MightyAl
Go to said sportsbar. Pull your mom.

Fix'd.

But seriously, welcome to life. You've been annoying your mum for the last fifteen years, and her life was ruined because of it. With you leaving, she can catch up on her wasted years.

Sorry, I just hate kids...
...In my opinion.
I agree with Al
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Puncture her brake line.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Get over it.
I don't see how this is a big deal. I would rather just have the alone time then have my mom stuck up my ass.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by Benjibum2nd
Fix'd.

But seriously, welcome to life. You've been annoying your mum for the last fifteen years, and her life was ruined because of it. With you leaving, she can catch up on her wasted years.

I don't know why but I found this funny...
This will start a RIOT! in me
Quote by JayT44
Yeah, I'd ask her if she can cancel and spend time with you.

What college are you going to?

Indiana University

Quote by gerardk

When your mother goes through a very violent divorce, and it directly affects everyone else in the family, you gain a certain type of attachment, I can't describe it, but it's like we've been to Hell and back.
Is this a joke? Why would you want to spend time with your mother of all people on your last day home?

Edit: Didn't see above post prior to this.

Anyway though, go out with other people. It's your last night with friends from home too right?
Quote by gerardk

Quote by jfreyvogel
Is this a joke? Why would you want to spend time with your mother of all people on your last day home?

A sensible person who isn't a douche.
my mom has bailed on me and my brother's for the past few years ever since she cheated on my dad w/ her now boyfriend
holidays...gone
birthdays...gone
important things..gone

just gotta learn to deal
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
Have you got no friends of your own that you can party with on your last day? Failing that, stop being a pussy and go hang out at the sports bar with her.
Quote by Necrotise
Have you got no friends of your own that you can party with on your last day? Failing that, stop being a pussy and go hang out at the sports bar with her.

Sadly, I really have no friends that I could hang with on my last day, and I don't think she would like it if I went with her, she always speaks highly of me to her friends (not to mention her 2 bosses will be there as well) and I don't think I can deliver.
Quote by Spartan101400

When your mother goes through a very violent divorce, and it directly affects everyone else in the family, you gain a certain type of attachment, I can't describe it, but it's like we've been to Hell and back.

I know exactly what you mean, my mom went through a divorce and it affects me too. I'm going to college soon and I should spend time with my mom too haha. You should definitely tell her what's up though.
Quote by diofan88
just gotta learn to deal

I feel the same way, but if someone has a good relationship with their mother and/or family (I wish I did) then that's amazing for them. I get nothing from my family, emotionally.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Last edited by JayT44 at Jul 14, 2010,
Quote by diofan88
my mom has bailed on me and my brother's for the past few years ever since she cheated on my dad w/ her now boyfriend
holidays...gone
birthdays...gone
important things..gone

just gotta learn to deal

This.
Even though my mom doesn't cheat on my stepdad I can't feel an emotional attachment. She tries to make it up with material things, but they don't make a difference.
My mom seems to make everything about herself, and when I have a problem she says that I just want to be the center of attention.
Seriously TS you'll learn to get over it.
You'll find that you'll be happier when you don't try to get someone to be around you when they care about other things more.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by metaldud536
A sensible person who isn't a douche.

I'm guessing you are describing yourself then? If you are well adjusted, and have your own life then there should be no anxiety over "leaving the nest" so to speak, or not seeing someone for a time.
Quote by JayT44
I feel the same way, but if someone has a good relationship with their mother and/or family (I wish I did) then that's amazing for them. I get nothing from my family, emotionally.

Ya man I'm with ya on this, I do wish I had a much better relationships, but ehh fuck it right?

No use making yourself feel baldy about it.

Just say **** it (guess that's just my coping mechanism) that and beer
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
Quote by Necrotise

I'm guessing he's only 18 or 19, which would mean he couldn't go to a sports bar
Quote by The Mofaster
Stop trippin' so much you'll forget all about this when your nailin' random drunk chicks in college...

If that's your cup of tea.

I just want to get my education and get on with my life

I'm socially awkward. (Not in a NERD! sort of way, I'm just...strange)
Talk to her. Say you're hurt.

Enjoy your last night with one of her friends.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
I'm actually finding it quite shocking how many people on UG have lost a relationship with at least one of their parents.

OT: You should try and find an opportunity to explain to her why she's being an idiot by not spending this time with you.
Leave a note and make her feel guilty. Say that "she never really cared" and stuff like that. Could be funny.
You'll get your share of drinking and forgetting about your mom at IU, trust me.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Quote by jfreyvogel
I'm guessing you are describing yourself then? If you are well adjusted, and have your own life then there should be no anxiety over "leaving the nest" so to speak, or not seeing someone for a time.

The same can be said for my friends. Why hang out with them over your mom?
Quote by The Mofaster
Seriously, college is not the place to continue this social awkwardness. It will only benefit you to get out there.

Yup.
Quote by metaldud536
The same can be said for my friends. Why hang out with them over your mom?

To be honest I can't even really understand this sentiment so I can't properly answer. Unless I suppose you have a bad relationship with your parent(s) and are looking for closure?

She goes out with her friends and has a good time. You go out with your friends and have a good time. Everyone wins. If you care about someone then you should want them to do what they want to do and be happy because of it. What they want though shouldn't be a cost to you, or the other way around. By this I mean you can't ask them to give up what they want, for yourself. What happens then is that their - almost forced - action is in fact meaningless, thus you actually receive nothing from it, so you don't really get what you want, they don't get what they want, and everyone loses.
Last edited by jfreyvogel at Jul 14, 2010,
Quote by leg end
Leave a note and make her feel guilty. Say that "she never really cared" and stuff like that. Could be funny.

I'llup the anti:

Leave a creative suicide note and full your bathtub with the blood of a pig. Then, fashion a dummy to lay in said tub. Just leave, and never ever return.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
This.
Even though my mom doesn't cheat on my stepdad I can't feel an emotional attachment. She tries to make it up with material things, but they don't make a difference.
My mom seems to make everything about herself, and when I have a problem she says that I just want to be the center of attention.

Thats like my dad. "That sounds like your problem." is like his motto or something.

Seriously TS you'll learn to get over it.
You'll find that you'll be happier when you don't try to get someone to be around you when they care about other things more.

But yeah, ^this.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Quote by Benjibum2nd
Fix'd.

+1
MoOsEkNuCkLe......All my friends yell OI!

Gear:
Jackson Dk2m
Peavey 5150 II
Marshall 1960a
Kramer Focus 1000
Dunlop Crybaby
Hardwire Tuner
Boss NS-2

Red Bear 120 $50/$600
Page 1 of 2