Well, here you go UG, another "Recommend me an amp" thread. Anyways, I currently have a Vox ad15vt that i got a few years ago, and i'm looking to upgrade. I really like playing metal mostly, but i also would appreciate a versatile amp that could do decent mid-low gain stuff. I want it to be a tube amp, and its mostly for bedroom playing. i guess it would be nice for it to be loud enough to play with a drummer and such. My price range is from say $400-$550.

I read that the blackstar ht-5 is great, but i don't know if it is loud enough for me, or that it can get distorted enoughk and i'm scared that something like a peavey 6505+ combo couldn't do some softer stuff good enough.

Music i play would be Anything from trivium to Guns N Roses
Thanks, sorry for the long post
Blackstars get a lot of positive support. Check out the Egnater Tweaker, or Jet City amps. Both are really cool. I like my Vox Night Train, but I don't know if it could get you the metal tones you're after (unless you're willing to add a pedal in the mix).
Fender American Vintage '62 Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
Yer pretty fly for a Canadian.
How much distortion does a peavey classic 30 amp have stock? Because i guess i'm looking for something primarily voiced towards metal, i guess i have no choice but to sacrifice my lower gain tones if my priority is metal? And by Peavey tube 60 you mean a Vypr, i don't really want another modeling amp...
Quote by Redwings91
How much distortion does a peavey classic 30 amp have stock? Because i guess i'm looking for something primarily voiced towards metal, i guess i have no choice but to sacrifice my lower gain tones if my priority is metal? And by Peavey tube 60 you mean a Vypr, i don't really want another modeling amp...

Not a whole lot, but with a pedal it is a much cheaper solution for metal then say a high-powered channel switching amp.
Peavey XXX, can be had for $400-500 easy

edIT: +1 for nice username TS
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
Last edited by edbert at Jul 16, 2010,
Quote by AcousticMirror
jet city 20
egnater tweaker rebel

Was that you who just got a jet city amp? I thought I saw somebody on here get one the other day.
Everyone's been getting jet city amps. It's a party.

Catharsisstudio just bought one. Several people just bought Egnater Tweakers.
I own the jet cities older brother.

I greatly esteem the jet city amps. All of them.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
A pretty subjective question, but what are some fairly renown metal distortion pedals? Boss Metal Zone or something?
if your playing metal the 6505+ would definitely the best for you. vox isn't meant for meta, and will do metal way better than the ht-5.

Also the metal zone isn't very good, i would say get an overdrive or fuzz instead of a distortion. Look at the EXH Metal Muff