i'm looking for my first electric guitar.
been playing acoustic for 4 years already

looking for intermediate level guitar

want something to play genres like: metal, metalcore, Progressive, Hard rock, alternative, and some lighter stuff.

stuff normally i play/ want to be able to play: A Day to Remember, Coheed and Cambria, System of A Down, Bring Me the Horizon, Avenged Sevenfold, Alien Ant Farm, Rammstein, Modest Mouse, Killswitch Engage.

needless to say i will likely be using a variety of tunings.

I've been looking mostly at ESP's, but i am open to anything as long as its not a Peavey, or fender.

body style doesn't matter that much

my budget is around $300 or less for the guitar.

HELP MEH PLEASE!!
Last edited by +Jackal+ at Jul 14, 2010,
are you looking for something used? or new?
zamar721@comcast.net

“One good thing about music, when it hits- you feel no pain.”
"Most of us go to the graves with our music still inside of us."

Ovation Applause AE48
Takamine EG523SC
Epiphone LesPaul Classic Custom
umm...280$...thats not much but if you can find a used schecter youll be very satisfied
Quote by MarijuanaIsGood
if the elephant on the left is green, and the spider on the right is blue, what is in the middle and WHAT THE FUCK COLOR IS IT??

Quote by ThatGuy153à
Yo stop tripping, its just a Purple Bag'O'Green

i dont wanna melt in 2030
thats a terrible budget for focusing in on something that can handle a variety of tones. deff cant afford an esp for 300 bucks. maybe an ltd but not an esp
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!
EDIT $300 not $280.

i know its a stretch, but there has to be something out there!

what if i invested in a multi-effects pedal?
Quote by +Jackal+
EDIT $300 not $280.

i know its a stretch, but there has to be something out there!

what if i invested in a multi-effects pedal?

you cant play guitar with an amp and an effects pedal, you gotta have a guitar as well
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!
You will never get a decent amp to cover those tones and a better multi-effects to play what you want and make it sound good.

I use to use my RP355 through a Spider 3. I got it to sound good, but between the RP355 and how my Bandit sounds, they're two totally different things, and the RP355 might as well be a Spider 3 on the Insane channel.
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
You will never get a decent amp to cover those tones and a better multi-effects to play what you want and make it sound good.

I use to use my RP355 through a Spider 3. I got it to sound good, but between the RP355 and how my Bandit sounds, they're two totally different things, and the RP355 might as well be a Spider 3 on the Insane channel.

the $300 is for the guitar, not an entire setup.