okay, so I was planning on buying an electric guitar from this girl. But then I found out my parents were planning on buying me one for my birthday. I don't know what to do! should I get them both? If I do, how do you think that would work out?
One's a Squier... lol good question, I don't know what kind it is. I'm suppose to check it out before I buy it. And I don't know what kind my parents are getting me because it's suppose to be a gift
take your parents guitar, and tell your girlfriend to spend the money on a good amp.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
if your parents wont let you choose, then dont let them get one.
Parents are the worst instrument shoppers.
"o look, this guitars 10 dollars, and only 1 string! He should be able to play this instantly!"
"o look,zakk wylde sponsors this amp"
Quote by soXlittleXtimeX
^
shanchett, you get an E for Effort

Quote by CodChick

ROFLLOBSTER
Presuming your a beginner- just get the gift. Or ask you parents for the money they were gonna use and combine that with the money you already have to get a better guitar :P
Gear
Ibanez RG350EX
Encore E9
BB Blaster

I like Llamas
Quote by lifeordeath09
Presuming your a beginner- just get the gift. Or ask you parents for the money they were gonna use and combine that with the money you already have to get a better guitar :P

yeah, I'm a beginner. I like your idea. well, my friend was selling me one for $100 and my parents said they could buy me a brand new one for like the same amount (really $160)
What good guitar do you think I can get for $260 if there is any?

oh yeah, I've been practicing on my acoustic and I said I didn't want an electric until i was better. But I decided to get the $100 one because it didn't seem too expensive.
See which one you like better if you parents will let you help choose a guitar in that price range, whatever floats your boat
Dempseys68's Chord
e|0
B|5
G|0
D|5
A|0
E|5 Only Gingers and Dempsey can use!
Oh Gingonia Oh Gingonia, We pledge our orangeness to thee. We are so Frickin' white like candles in the night
Oh Gingonia Oh Gingonia We pledge our SPF Ging to thee
Quote by Slaxl18
yeah, I'm a beginner. I like your idea. well, my friend was selling me one for $100 and my parents said they could buy me a brand new one for like the same amount (really $160)
What good guitar do you think I can get for $260 if there is any?

oh yeah, I've been practicing on my acoustic and I said I didn't want an electric until i was better. But I decided to get the $100 one because it didn't seem too expensive.

You can get a great Used MIM Fender Strat for $260, however, you need an amp as well...
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
please dont play a guitar thats that cheap new, you wont like it...

buy the girlfriends squire and ask your parents for an amp (roland cube 15 is solid and about that price...). its not a great guitar, but at least your not spending a whole lot of money on it and most squires are playable (some cheaper electrics are kinda like playing on one of those wire egg slicers) and you need an amp anyways
Quote by shanchett99
"o look, this guitars 10 dollars, and only 1 string! He should be able to play this instantly!"

Seriously though, try before you buy.
Epi Elitist LP Plus
Marshall Class 5
Vox AC30 CC2

"A person is a success if they get up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do."
Find someone on craig's list that is selling an ibanez rg. I bought mine at guitar center before i realized everyone and their brother was selling rg's there for like 50% the gc price. Then spend the extra money on new pickups. And play before you buy.
Quote by colgo889
Find someone on craig's list that is selling an ibanez rg. I bought mine at guitar center before i realized everyone and their brother was selling rg's there for like 50% the gc price. Then spend the extra money on new pickups. And play before you buy.

Unless you can find a fixed bridge RG I disagree, a double-locking trem is just an additional complication that a beginner doesn't need.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Unless you can find a fixed bridge RG I disagree, a double-locking trem is just an additional complication that a beginner doesn't need.

Good point, didn't think about it since mine is fixed
You should just try to convince your parents to buy you a starter pack, fender, epiphone, ibanez, doesn't really matter if your just starting out. Your first guitar shouldn't be a big investment.

Usually that starter packs come with a guitar, small amp, chord, tuner, pick, and sometimes even a pedal and an extra set of strings.
Last edited by handbanana at Jul 14, 2010,
^why spend the extra money for a shit amp and a cable that's going to break in a month?

if you're getting a starter,
get a quality starter guitar with a fixed bridge, and add a decent modeling amp, like a cube or a vox.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by shanchett99

au contraire, my parents would only let me get a top-notch strat.