IS the solo on Stairway to Heaven pretty easy? I only know Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love's solo and that is easy as shit, but is Stairway to Heavens easy (from a solo standpoint, not when you're just a beginner)
It depends on how good you are and what you're good at. "Easy" doesn't apply to everyone.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
its not too complicated but you can't classify it as a beginner solo i don't think. Intermediate is what I would call it as it is not easy but definitely not advanced. I learned how to play it clean at about 14 months of playing guitar, but then again everyone is different and everyone learns at a different pace.
Quote by guitarsftw
It depends on how good you are and what you're good at. "Easy" doesn't apply to everyone.
I'd say I am intermediate, I have played almost a year. And probably the hardest thing I can play is Aint' Talkin 'Bout Love and I can play pretty fast
Quote by Ironic Maiden
I'd say I am intermediate, I have played almost a year. And probably the hardest thing I can play is Aint' Talkin 'Bout Love and I can play pretty fast

pretty fast? or at speed?
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
Quote by salgala2000
A year is not intermediate usually just letting you know. And beginner mistake number 1:
SACRIFICING SPEED FOR ACCURACY
Well aware of that, which I never do, I take this incredibly slowly first then work my way up. I am damn accurate with every song I play, I can play almost every one of them perfect except Stairway to Heaven when the make a chord transition, I can't seem to do it at the right speed.
Quote by Ironic Maiden
Well aware of that, which I never do, I take this incredibly slowly first then work my way up. I am damn accurate with every song I play, I can play almost every one of them perfect except Stairway to Heaven when the make a chord transition, I can't seem to do it at the right speed.

I wouldn't call myself intermidate if you can't play simple chord transitions. Just my opinion. Also, what do you mean by fast? I hope it's not what I think you meant.
Quote by Braiton
I wouldn't call myself intermidate if you can't play simple chord transitions. Just my opinion. Also, what do you mean by fast? I hope it's not what I think you meant.
I don't have a problem with chord transitions, but learned that song early on and I screwed up the way I changed the chord and now it's a habit and I am trying to break it, and fast isn't the right word, I mean in time with every song I play except a few like Number of the Beast.
When compared to other solos of the same genre from the same time period, stairway is average. When compared to metal of the late 80's or today, it's really easy. But that's generalizing obviously. There are also some that are easier than it.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
It's hard until you've learned how to play it, until then you practice.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
To get the notes down at the studio tempo is easy.

To get the bending, pitch, timing, and vibrato down like Jimmy Page played it -- that's going to take a while...