So,i've been putting a few annoying threads about a new guitar and amp lately,and i wanna make this one the last:

Ive got about 1850$ for the guitar and amp together plus what ill get for my current one.
Spec-wise:
Guitar:22 or 24 frets,no strats please(just cant get myself to play them),fixed bridge only-no tremolo(locking or non locking),id like it to not be a bolt on,but its not a necessity. I need it to be versatile with preferably an HH pickup combo.
Amp:Two footswitchable channels, not too loud-good for home playingand in a band situation.Effects loop prefered but not an absolute need.Id really like nice cleans and distorted sounds.

I play all kinds of rock,from lower gain stuff to metal,so id like it to be as versatile as possible.

I was thinking about getting a Carvin,but id probably lack the money for a good amp if i go that way.

So EG,
Please assist me.
Tis a sig
I think you should look at Schecter Guitars. Something like the C1-Standard (mahogony, set neck, 24 frets, SD Custom in the bridge, and a 59' in the neck). And for the amp, i say the Peavey 6505 2x12 combo(2 chanels, footswitchable, plenty of gain, looks cool). I hope this helps I've played the guitar and the amp, sounds great.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, the guiar is $700 and the amp is $1,200 USD
Schecter Blackjack SLS C-1 Active
Schecter Damien w/ Seymour Duncan Distortions
Peavey 6505+ 112
Blackstar HT-1RC
Visual Sound Double Trouble
Line 6 M-5
Last edited by Acap0624 at Jul 14, 2010,
Can't go used;where i live there's barely anyone playing,not to mention selling his gear
Tis a sig
Quote by salgala2000
Some kind of schecter hellraiser c-1 for the guitar.

Only go with the hellraiser if you want active pickups. i dont know if thats your cup of tea or not exactly.
Schecter Blackjack SLS C-1 Active
Schecter Damien w/ Seymour Duncan Distortions
Peavey 6505+ 112
Blackstar HT-1RC
Visual Sound Double Trouble
Line 6 M-5
Jackson SLS3 Soloist: ($1150)
24 frets, mahogany body and I think it's a mahogany neck too, TOM bridge w/ string thru, SD 59's in both bridge and neck, and it's neck through with amazing access to the higher frets.

Peavey Classic 30: ($600)
Alone it can handle cleans all the way up to hard rock tones, requires a nice distortion pedal if you want to venture into hi gain metal.

That's just my opinion though.
^^ I agree that the TS should spend more of his budget on a guitar than an amp. A $1200 amp is pretty well pro-level but a $700 Guitar (new) isn't. I for the life of me can't figure out why some people put all their money into a really nice amp (usually much more than need)and then play a mediocre or even poor guitar thru it!
Moving on.....
I second the Peavey 6505 Combo. How does a Gibson SG Standard sound?
Epi Elitist LP Plus
Marshall Class 5
Vox AC30 CC2

"A person is a success if they get up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do."
Quote by KenG
I for the life of me can't figure out why some people put all their money into a really nice amp (usually much more than need)and then play a mediocre or even poor guitar thru it!
It's even worse here than on car forums where somebody says "I got $XXXX to spend on mods what should I get?" and everybody replies "tires, brakes, and suspension"....
Last edited by van01010100 at Jul 15, 2010,
Alright,taking all this into account, id like you to tell me what do you think abou this:
A Bugera V22 and some sort of pedal to handle higher gain.
The rest will go to a guitar.
For a guitar im thinking maybe the white SG standard they sell in guitar center,that has push/pull option on the knobs for coil split,although i dont know how will they sound through a mahagony bodied guitar.
Thoughts?
Tis a sig
Quote by Firebirdz
Alright,taking all this into account, id like you to tell me what do you think abou this:
A Bugera V22 and some sort of pedal to handle higher gain.
The rest will go to a guitar.
For a guitar im thinking maybe the white SG standard they sell in guitar center,that has push/pull option on the knobs for coil split,although i dont know how will they sound through a mahagony bodied guitar.
Thoughts?

That's a great idea, the Bugera is a knockoff of the Peavey I mentioned, but it's just as good.

I also think coil splits on an SG would be fun :P. They're really convenient if you like to have a mix of tones. I can't imagine them sounding bad on a mahogany body versus an alder body. Try it out and see what you like.