So i play a lot of heavy metal and i'm currently using a roland cube 30w, and its good but its not good enough for what i need to it for, which is live use. I'm planning to get an amp cabinet and an amp head but i want a cheap one which still is good, does anyone have any suggestions? I play stuff like Megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax, Metallica, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, etc. Thanks for you're help
word

also, inb4 bugera
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The bugera line is very impressive for the price; check out the 333 and 6262- they will give you a good metal tone
Gear
Ibanez RG350EX
Encore E9
BB Blaster

I like Llamas
Why cabinet and head and not a combo? It's not significantly louder if that's what you're thinking. You can get something better for your money if you're on a budget when going for a combo.
Quote by lifeordeath09
The bugera line is very impressive for the price; check out the 333 and 6262- they will give you a good metal tone

i said inb4 dammit!
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by WtrPlyr
Why cabinet and head and not a combo? It's not significantly louder if that's what you're thinking. You can get something better for your money if you're on a budget when going for a combo.

Yeah, I agree. Also an up side to this is that you can crank a tube combo without obliterating people's faces off
Gear
Ibanez RG350EX
Encore E9
BB Blaster

I like Llamas
lolwut?

i mean depending on the wattage and speaker efficiency a combo is going to be extremely loud too.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
You might also look into Jet City amps. The JCA 20 is pretty good at metal tones.
Does anyone know the song that goes: ba ba bah, ba ba buh, bu ba bum, ba ba bah, ba bu buh, bu bu bum, bu ba bu bu bum baam?
Quote by Peeno
You might also look into Jet City amps. The JCA 20 is pretty good at metal tones.

Totally. You might wanna get a EQ+OD to really boost it.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
As said above, why not a combo? Because half-stacks are teh br00talz? If you're more concerned with how you sound rather than how your rig looks, don't rule out combos. Now, that's not to say you should get a combo, maybe a half-stack will be better for your needs, all I'm saying is don't just blindly rule out a whole category of amps.