Hey guys,

So recently, I walked into Guitar Center, and fell in love. Found a used Orange Rockerverb 50 for about 1000 bucks, so I put it on layaway, and now have it.. however.

I didn't have the dough at the time, so I didn't put the Orange 4x12 on layaway, and it was sold when I went back. So, dilemma being.. what should I pair this Orange with?

The GC in my area isn't allowed to sell Orange, and the only Orange dealer in the state wants 1500 friggen bucks for a 4x12 cab. Insane. And I'm from South Dakota. Craigslist isn't an option, unless i'm looking for freezers from legless hillbillies that dead bodies were stored in. True story.

The only decent cab they had in GC at the time was a Marshall 1960 lead slant, so that is what i'm using now, but it seems like it just don't have the same punch, seems like a much looser sound, if that makes sense.

So, I ask you, UG - am I just being picky with the Marshall, or is there some other kind of cab you would suggest with mah Orange?

I'd be okay with dropping to a 2x12, budget isn't too important (not above around 800 bucks), I use a Fender USA Billy Corgan Strat (with the hot rails), and a stock Jackson RR5, music varies from old stuff (Steve Miller, Zeppelin, Sabbath, etc) to newer metal (Disturbed, Lamb of God sometimes, Ax7), and a LOT of punk (Bad Religion, Offspring, Against Me!, etc.), and whatever else, other than country.

Thanks.
This is a clever, witty signature. Rofl at my glory.
Quote by Darkflame
would a mesa 4x12 be cheaper? how much would an orange 2x12 be ?
the marshall is supposed to be a good cab... alterntaively, change the speakers to Vintage 30s ?

See, problem in my area is, we have this "boutique" dealer, who charges stupid amounts of money, which sets all Orange/Mesa/high-end Marshall products off limits.. The orange 2x12 is a little bitter, but I think that's still about $900, too much for a 2x12.

I hadn't considered changing the speakers too much, but then again, I know next to zilch about that, so i'd be open to suggestions about that too.

And to the guy who suggested Avatar.. thats weird, my ex's dad just bought Avatar speaks, and I was like... must be shit.
I despise the guy. But i'll have to check it anyway.
i have a rocker 30 head, i always use my orange 4x12 with it , ive had to use other bands marshall cabs in the past and their really glassy and bright sounding compared to the beef and warmth i get from my orange.

If it was possible i'd wait around incase you happen to spot the matching cab 'cos in my opinion they just blow marshall out of the water. Really depends what you can afford though. What other brands do they stock in your local store?
1980 Gibson Silverburst Les Paul Custom
Gretsch G5445T Electromatic Double Jet
De Armond MT-75
1978 Aria Pro 2 Les Paul Standard (Lawsuit)

Orange Rockerverb 100 Head
Orange Rocker 30 Head
Orange 4x12 Cab
Vampower 4x12 Cab
Ampeg 2x10 Cab

Ain't telling you my pedals!
Quote by xkingd117x

And to the guy who suggested Avatar.. thats weird, my ex's dad just bought Avatar speaks, and I was like... must be shit.
I despise the guy. But i'll have to check it anyway.

Avatar doesn't actually make the speakers. They make the cabs, and do a really good job from the reviews I've read. You can choose which speakers they put in, and colour combinations for everything on it. The cabs are CHEAP as well. I'm seriously considering buying one myself.
Fender American Vintage '62 Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
Yer pretty fly for a Canadian.
Quote by Jimmy_Page_Zep
Avatar doesn't actually make the speakers. They make the cabs, and do a really good job from the reviews I've read. You can choose which speakers they put in, and colour combinations for everything on it. The cabs are CHEAP as well. I'm seriously considering buying one myself.

Just checked it too - I'm seriously considering it now, looks pretty nice. I'm one who likes to try everything out before I buy it, but with prices like that, and quality.. I'll have to seriously consider it.

Locally, I can get my hands on this Marshall, an Egnater cab (which would look... funky), rarely they'll get some used gear in, other than that there's Peavey, a G-flex (I think that's George Lynch's signature amp), and.. uh.. that's really all worth mentioning. Otherwise, there's B-52, Marshall MG's (boo-ya), and Peavey Valvekings.

May have to go the internet route... thanks so far.
best advice i will give then is save your pennies and try a bunch of stuff out and wait until you find something that you really really like from the get go. surely you can make do with the marshall for a bit longer until you find exactly what your're after =)
1980 Gibson Silverburst Les Paul Custom
Gretsch G5445T Electromatic Double Jet
De Armond MT-75
1978 Aria Pro 2 Les Paul Standard (Lawsuit)

Orange Rockerverb 100 Head
Orange Rocker 30 Head
Orange 4x12 Cab
Vampower 4x12 Cab
Ampeg 2x10 Cab

Ain't telling you my pedals!
Go for Avatar dude
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab