i honestly must say i always found JEM's quite strange with the hand grip thingy and all strange colors but i must say i like this one pretty much!

deserved to win. end.
awesome, i was thinking of applyin, but i knew the compititin would be tough. but well done to the guy!

EDIT: looking at the finalist, Vinceconcept should of won it
JUST ANOTHER ANNOYING BIG STATUS
Last edited by ibrahimasood at Jul 14, 2010,
I loved the winning one, but I really loved some of the other ones that were submitted more. Still, I guess whatever floats Steves boat.
I am a Stephenist
yeah saw this last week, tbh i don`t like it my design was much better lol, shame i never uploaded it in time...lol
That's really ugly. Especially with white pickups and white knobs and that maple fretboard.

Cool beans for Stevey, I suppose.
Quote by ibanezgod1973
yeah saw this last week, tbh i don`t like it my design was much better lol, shame i never uploaded it in time...lol

well lets see it...
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
That's really ugly. Especially with white pickups and white knobs and that maple fretboard.

Cool beans for Stevey, I suppose.

hmm,I actually think that the maple fretboard looks really amazing..it looks like birdseye maple though
Sure is purdy. I'm sure the picture does absolutely no justice to the finished guitar too. Only thing I would do different would be an ebony fretboard with some kind of star/planet/cosmic inlay design, but it is absolutely stunning as it is!
I can't seem to ever really like the appearance of Jems because of the monkey grip, but that paint job and inlay is spectacular. I'd love to have that on some other guitar.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

“Life is on the wire…the rest is just waiting” - Papa Wallenda
Substitute the stage for the wire, and he's got it.
Quote by archenemyfan
hmm,I actually think that the maple fretboard looks really amazing..it looks like birdseye maple though

I think this is the best.

Mine was going to be blue with a flamed maple top, black nickel hardware, ebony fretboard and light blue-ish pickups. I only got around to the black nickel hardware and making it blue.

I planned on finishing it... but eh... had other things to do.
Last edited by r0ckth3d34n at Jul 14, 2010,
I don't care for it myself.....reminds me of old Japanese tattoo art with all the waves and koi

Would be great to have 1 of 2 guitars ever made though.

Personally I like the last one on that page the best...color wise anyways
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
I think Yaron's is the best.

Mine was going to be blue with a flamed maple top, black nickel hardware, ebony fretboard and light blue-ish pickups. I only got around to the black nickel hardware and making it blue.

I planned on finishing it... but eh... had other things to do.

hmm yeah that looks amazing as well...oh too bad dude,would've looked really nice
Last edited by archenemyfan at Jul 14, 2010,
Quote by Way Cool JR.

Its like a bunch of prepubescent girls designed them all

I see lots of that in the designs...

Quote by r0ckth3d34n
I see lots of that in the designs...

hmmm

its a thing of beauty,not cool or metal or you know br00tl

I find those designs incredibly unique,and it should be cause a JEM with a black paint and abalone on it would look to common for possibly the most exclusive guitar made by ibanez huh?
It looks like a unicorn threw up on it.

Honestly, I would have picked a different design. Such as the very last one (by Vinceconcept). It's the one that looks the least gay.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
I liked brainz84's design the best I think. The winning design is alright I guess, but to much is going on. I think the gold hardware looks out of place as well.
@ archenemyfan, i deleted the file when the comp closed a month ago.......but instead of the vine inlay it was a series of musical noted notes the were illuminated same purple coluor as found on the WTWTA dvd, and the body was was a spiral of notes that lead towards the neck inlay, coming out of the inlay, again purple, on the this lead onto the headstock nut instead of say ibanez the was the vai logo..hope you get the idea, pups were a paf pro and breed with no single in the middle (HH)
Wow those are some amazing designs...

Mah Gear
Jackson DK2M -- Washburn X50 ProQ -- Epihone Les Paul Standard
Mesa Boogie 3-Channel Dual Rectifier w/ 2 x 12 Mesa Recto Cab & Peavey 5150 4x12 Cab
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss ME-70

Take away the bloody obnoxious grip thing and the winner would actually be quite pretty. Although personally I'd have gone with Merzzo's, Kevin's or Vinceconcept's.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
I think Jordan's is my favorite.

I was looking at them closer though, and I lol'd at how Waverider's doesn't even have any pickups.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
I think Jordan's is my favorite.

I was looking at them closer though, and I lol'd at how Waverider's doesn't even have any pickups.

I saw that and was a little confused.

Maybe they're super high-output and underneath the pickguard like those Fender's from the.... 70's that failed.
Yeah, this was posted before. But I really do like that swirly rainbow design.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
The winning one looks like it should be a laptop design for those Dell Studios.

I liked brainz84's and Vinceconcept's

I woulda liked Merzzo's if it were a bit less flashy...but it's steve vai right. What would he be without his flashyness.

I actually entered thinking he'd go with something "different" as in "not flashy" for a change.

A Jem with a spalted maple top and blueburst finish. Possibly get rid of the vine inlays or cut down on them. Would've been classy.
yeah I agree,I personally would've gone with Jordan's or merzo's one...

but the winning also looks really cool though...
I think they all look like someone ate too many Crayolas and puked on them. IMHO Jems very over rated are kind of ugly and even more so with all the stupid graphics and colors.
I think it's a deserved win.

Sure, others among the finalist were beautiful as well, but to me this one really stands out. I like the colors, the artwork... I wonder how they're going to get it on the guitars though.

What do you think, regular painting or good ol' fabric under a clear coat?