Well people of GG&A, I fancy'd an upgrade from my All valve Randall RG50TC with a Harley Benton 2x12 cab, as shown here:

I felt the valves were simply hindering me on my journey to greatness. Who needs valves? All they do is break, and cost alot of money to repair. Away with you valves!

Solid state is where it's at.

I found this on my local gumtree and I just HAD to have it.

Yay, a hideously painted beat up clapped out MG100HDFX! What an upgrade!

Here, have some more pictures of the beautifully ugly Marshall (I hear these amps have crushing distortion?)

So there you have it folks! What an upgrade from my RG50TC quarter stack!

..Ok I'm just jesting with you fine people. I picked up the MG halfstack for cheap because the volume knob is dodgy; needs to either be sprayed with contact cleaner or have the pot replaced. Both easy jobs anyway.

Would anybody say no to a Marshall half stack for £30? Really?

Review: Meh. Hate on it all you want, it has a clean channel, it has distortion, it has built in effects, it's perfect for someone to practice on. If you're after a cheap practice amp, and you're faced with the opportunity to get a Marshall MG, get a Roland Cube.

If you hadn't already guessed, this will be leaving my house and never ever ever be allowed to return shortly.
For £30 its totally beaten up and ****ed to hell but that makes it a pride and joy
HNGD even though the randall sounds better prob ;D
It's teh limited edition red one too!!>?!?!?!?!

HNAD though...sad part is, you can probably make some profit off it
Quote by Glenn Guitar
For £30 its totally beaten up and ****ed to hell but that makes it a pride and joy
HNGD even though the randall sounds better prob ;D

The Randall sounds much better, the upgrade was a joke

Quote by muhQ
Your room is a mess.

You think that bit's bad, you should see the rest of it. There's virtually no carpet!

Quote by eyebanez333
It's teh limited edition red one too!!>?!?!?!?!

HNAD though...sad part is, you can probably make some profit off it

No it isn't, it's painted red. The paint is flaking away too

To the guy above that, Sonic ftw! Just left of that is a big pile of vintage games consoles
Last edited by dandadog at Jul 14, 2010,
Quote by dandadog

No it isn't, it's painted red. The paint is flaking away too

Nope. It's teh vintage version. More profit for you!

Ya you'll make some cash off that for sure.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by eyebanez333
Nope. It's teh vintage version. More profit for you!

*fetches red paint*

Who wants to buy a limited edition red marshall MG?
Quote by Shabadoo
Is that a rack of Sega Saturn games I see?

The sega on there is dreamcast, megadrive and master system
did you have a shitton of problems with the randall? or was it too loud?

hnad tho.
HNAD! not much to say...
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
hard to go wrong for £30, lol.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by gregs1020
did you have a shitton of problems with the randall? or was it too loud?

hnad tho.

It's all a joke. I love my Randall. It's not loud enough! The MG has NOTHING on my Randall. My baby.

I just thought I'd spice it up instead of saying "Bought this for £30 purely because I can."
How much is that in USD? I'm curious as to what you got it for o.O

EDIT:
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I don't get all the joking around. You don't like the amp? That is a Marshal half stack. Most of the rock work is based on Marshal. Beats the Randall any day.

Uh, no. It's an MG.
Quote by TheAbsentOne
How much is that in USD? I'm curious as to what you got it for o.O

EDIT:

Uh, no. It's an MG.

$45.76

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I don't get all the joking around. You don't like the amp? That is a Marshal half stack. Most of the rock work is based on Marshal. Beats the Randall any day.

Well it hasn't got the same Fender cleans as I get from my Randall.
Man that's beat to shit. Or "road worn" for the refined ones out there.

But for 30 bucks who cares. Nice score

Quote by a_hub10
I keep my Schecter in dropped D all the time, and i didn't buy an attachment of any kind.

Quote by CraftyTrickster
You should just tell the seller: ¡Boludo!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

Yeah I saw Slash playing one
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
Quote by ILiKePiNeAppLeS
Yeah I saw Slash playing one

All jokes aside, the rhythm guitarist from Guns 2 Roses (basically the world's #1 GNR tribute band) plays through a 100 watt Marshall MG. Or at least he did at the festival I saw them at last month. Funnily enough, the overall tone is actually spot on.

Quote by haceteunosmates
Man that's beat to shit. Or "road worn" for the refined ones out there.

But for 30 bucks who cares. Nice score

Yeah, I'm gonna repaint it all tomorrow, and either buy or make a grille out of anything I can find laying about.
Apologies for the bump, but, anybody ever made a grille themselves for their cab? I can't think of a suitable material.

This halfstack is all dark red now
Quote by dandadog
It's all a joke. I love my Randall. It's not loud enough! The MG has NOTHING on my Randall. My baby.

I just thought I'd spice it up instead of saying "Bought this for £30 purely because I can."

I would have used the £30 to go out for the night
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Quote by FuzzLove

Actually I'd far more enjoy someone coming on here one day happy about their new Mark IV upgrade, from the old red MG someone flipped on them because they're a noob.

But that's just me.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Quote by FuzzLove

Rather than wait, fix a few little problems, repaint it, sell it for £150 ish, and go out for 4 or 5 nights?
Haha you could definatly double your money on that, I doubt anyone would buy that for £150 though even in perfect condition, unless they really really didn't know what they were talking about.

Actually, right now, I'm completly skint after buying a new amp. So I would do this up and sell it, I could use the money
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Quote by FuzzLove
Haha you could definatly double your money on that, I doubt anyone would buy that for £150 though even in perfect condition, unless they really really didn't know what they were talking about.

Actually, right now, I'm completly skint after buying a new amp. So I would do this up and sell it, I could use the money

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Marshall-MG100HDFX-and-4x12-cabinet-/120590374697?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_MusicalInstr_Amplifiers_RL&hash=item1c13bf1729

I won't be selling it for less than £120

It's worth £150. They're not that bad. You can EASILY coax a usable tone out of them, if you bother to EQ them..
Blimey, I'm actually genuinely shocked.

I have the 100w combo in my garage right now, perfect condition, it's not limited edition red though

I might sell it and hope that the guy who left it here dosn't notice haha.
Quote by FuzzLove
Blimey, I'm actually genuinely shocked.

I have the 100w combo in my garage right now, perfect condition, it's not limited edition red though

I might sell it and hope that the guy who left it here dosn't notice haha.

I'm awefully tempted to take the amp part out of my randall and stick it into the enclosure for the MG, 'cause it's exactly the same size, and I only ever use my randall through external speakers anyway :/ Then I could just wire the MG up as a 100 watt combo... :/
Nah!
Then it makes it look like you have an MG haha.
Quote by FuzzLove
Nah!
Then it makes it look like you have an MG haha.

Except the head unit is painted dark red now, and it would have a gleaming "Randall" logo on it with a silver faceplate
Haha, I have always wanted to make my own amp, far too much effort though.
Quote by FuzzLove

Thought I'd let you know I've sold this for £120.
Ill send you 30 quid if you light it on fire and throw it off a 10 storey building whilst video taping it all....

EDIT:

Damn it to hell....guess I'll just have to do it myself.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
don;t know how much of an upgrade it is from the randall, but for that price it would be retarded not to buy it. A half stack for $45?! thats insane. Its funny that it probably cost around $500 new.
Quote by handbanana
don;t know how much of an upgrade it is from the randall, but for that price it would be retarded not to buy it. A half stack for $45?! thats insane. Its funny that it probably cost around $500 new.

i guess you didn't read that it was all a joke...
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"