Hey UG
Another one of those threads... I want an amp!
I've been looking around for a while, and still saving, but i need some advice as i am still clueless. I cant go down to my local music shop, as they have hardly any amps. Just the regulars - Spider, MG, AVT...
I need something within the £200-£400 range, will not go much over. I play mostly metal, but i think im slowly picking up other genres (blues, hard rock, rock, 80's), so i want to be playing things like Bullet for my valentine, Avenged Sevenfold, Disturbed... but also, Kings of Leon, Queen etc.
I would be willing to buy a clean/rock amp, and push it with pedals. Tube aswell please. Also, it will be for playing at home/friends (over drummer) and hopefully live.
Thanks again UG
Tom
Gear:
Epiphone SG-400 (w/Hot Slags)/Chapman Guitars ML1 > Digitech Bad Monkey > Blackstar HT-5 > Danelectro Fish and Chips EQ > ETI Chorus Flanger
Snark Headstock tuner!
i haven't tried any of these, so this is a suggestion to try (or at least look into them more), not a suggestion to buy:

bugera- 6260, 6262, 333, 333xl
jca- 20, 50
egnater tweaker

EDIT: if the budget is slightly flexible, the engl gigmaster might be worth a look too. again, i haven't tried it yet.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I was thinking of the Bugera's, 333xl, but would it be good for the hard rock and things with a blues driver or something on the clean channel?
Gear:
Epiphone SG-400 (w/Hot Slags)/Chapman Guitars ML1 > Digitech Bad Monkey > Blackstar HT-5 > Danelectro Fish and Chips EQ > ETI Chorus Flanger
Snark Headstock tuner!
Last edited by richyt93 at Jul 14, 2010,
Quote by richyt93
I was thinking of the Bugera's, 333xl, but would it be good for the hard rock and things with a blues driver or something on the clean channel?

absolutely! I play my John Mayer through teh clean channel with either a bluesdriver or a tubescreamer
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Yeah Ibanez and Gibson design all their models on their iPods.

Pokémon CYOA
Click here for my electro tunes!

Proud user and abuser of Bugera
Depends on your budget, Peavey Valveking 212 with an OD box in front of it or if you have the money a Peavey 6505/5150 212.
Guitars:
Schecter Blackjack C1 FR (Blackouts)
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger (EMG's)

Amp:
Valveking 100
Valveking Cab 4X12
Behringer V-Tone GMX212

Effects:
Maxxon OD808
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Boss NS-2
Boss DS-1