well some guy told me i had a warped neck, how would i fix this?

he told it would cost 50$ and i really dont want to pay that for something i can probably do on my own.

so what do i do?
Quote by MarijuanaIsGood
if the elephant on the left is green, and the spider on the right is blue, what is in the middle and WHAT THE FUCK COLOR IS IT??

Quote by ThatGuy153à
Yo stop tripping, its just a Purple Bag'O'Green

i dont wanna melt in 2030
Pay the $50 because you WILL mess it up even more.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Epiphone SG w/EMG's

Amps:
Peavey Windsor Head w/ JSX Cab
MicroCube (for the sake of practice at college)

Pedals :
Fulltone Full Drive 2 Mosfet
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Crybaby
It'll just be a regular set up, but if you have no idea how to do it, then I suggest having someone else do it. I don't pay 50 for a set up, though. 30 at most, usually.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
take it to a shop for a pro setup, seems like the price around here is 40 with new strings..action setup, floyd float, intonation and truss adjustment if needed, cant be beat !
If you don't know how to fix it you propably shouldn't try.

However, if you do want to give it a go, here's how it works:

Inside your neck is a iron rod called the truss rod that can be tightened/loosened to prevent a bow- and arrow effect with your guitar neck and strings. if it's too slack, it will slightly give in to the strings' tension, and you will get a bow-like curve on your neck. If it's too tightly adjusted, you'll have a backwards bow.

Here's how you check if the neck is a proper angle:

I tune up your guitar to desired pitch(generally standard), you fret 1st fret on the low E, and fret same string on the fret where the neck joins the body (e.g 16th on a Les Paul). Now, check the top of the 7th fret. mind that i'm talking about the actual fretwire, not the wood- between the low E string and the top of the fretwire, you should be able to slide a credit card through without getting stuck.

How to adjust it?

Well, generally there is an allen wrench slot on the top of your neck, hidden underneath a truss rod cover.

If the distance is too much, you need to tighten the truss rod, which means you should turn the fitting allen key CLOCKWISE. If the string lies flat onto the neck, you need to slack it, which you do by turning the allen key COUNTER-CLOCKWISE.

Do 1/8th of a turn at a time, tune back up to pitch and let the neck settle in for 5 minutes before you do further adjustments.

a word of caution: If you rush this, worst case scenario is that the rod/neck snaps and you're pretty much screwed.
You guys make it sound like it's easy to break a guitar neck by adjusting the truss rod. You have to turn it pretty damn far for it to break. I've never seen anyone break a guitar neck while adjusting the truss rod, it's not rocket science.
1998 Ibanez Prestige S2540
2005 Ibanez RG570
Bugera 333XL 212 Combo
Quote by YngwieLi
You guys make it sound like it's easy to break a guitar neck by adjusting the truss rod. You have to turn it pretty damn far for it to break. I've never seen anyone break a guitar neck while adjusting the truss rod, it's not rocket science.

yeah, but you can pull the trussrod out of its hole.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
Quote by GibsonMan321
Ye, take it to a shop... Your avatar is amazing!

lol thx
Quote by MarijuanaIsGood
if the elephant on the left is green, and the spider on the right is blue, what is in the middle and WHAT THE FUCK COLOR IS IT??

Quote by ThatGuy153à

ok so im gonna aask my uncle to do it and if he cant then ill take it to the shop
Quote by MarijuanaIsGood

Quote by ThatGuy153à