Poll: Which entry?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which entry?
Jazzman91
8 100%
Rocknroll93
0 0%
Voters: 8.
As always, poll is open for seven days. Give both tracks a listen, then vote for your favourite. If possible please leave a comment in here telling the contestants your thoughts on the track! Also, contestants, remember, it's common courtesy not to vote in your own poll.

With that out of the way, here's the entries!

1. Jazzman91 ~ http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Jazzman91/music/all/play862730 ~ Blues Duels V Round 1
2. Rocknroll93 ~ http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/rocknroll93/music/play860414 ~ The Thrill Is Gone

Enjoy, and best of luck to both contestants!
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Jazzman91: I dig the little riff that the solo is played over, BUT there were some rhythmic issues and I felt it could have used one or two more "bluesy" notes in there. The phrasing was pretty good, but could have used a bit more confidence. Other than that, it had a good mellow blues feel to it and I enjoyed it. The only thing I would suggest is to play with more confidence and really just get into it more. I voted for you.

Rocknroll93: I can't say that I really like covers of blues songs where the cover is basically just a re-make of the original with very little personal twists and whatnot. The singing was OK, but the guitar playing just didn't scream and cry to do BB justice.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
yeah fair enough, i got a good run in the last duels, luck seems to have run out. the vocals will only sound half decent cos im recording using a singstar mic. the reasons for the very little twists and whatnot is I was using a backing track (obviously) thnaks for not vothing for me though, because last duels I just seemed to blow whoever I was up against away... for a little anyway.. i couldn't beat strawforest
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
Didnt dig the singing in Rocknroll93's track. Maybe cause I'm so use to hearing BB sing it that anything else just sounds wrong...playing was pretty good in both tracks. It was close for me but I voted Jazzman91.
well done jazzman
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
Alright, I believe we have our winners for this round. Kyle, could you lock these up for me?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7