hey people,
another question about the custom ax. As you know from my previous post (first guitar build), I'm making a guitar based off the Ibanez S5470F (Prestige). I would just by the Ibanez and put in new pickups, but i really want to build it myself.
So, does anyone know where i can find plans for the S Prestige shape?? It would be really helpful. If not though, i could make them myself, it would just take a bit longer.
Well thanks in advance,

SM
hi there,

this is a link to thread with quite a few templates/plans, im not too sure if your exact model is in there (i'm not terribly knowledgable on ibanez models) but I thought I'd share in case it's of helpage to yourself

if not then my apologies, but it may be worth a go

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1190193

edit: i just realised how sad it is that i was able to pull the link out of my bookmarks like that lol
Last edited by goo94 at Jul 14, 2010,
Quote by goo94
hi there,

this is a link to thread with quite a few templates/plans, im not too sure if your exact model is in there (i'm not terribly knowledgable on ibanez models) but I thought I'd share in case it's of helpage to yourself

if not then my apologies, but it may be worth a go

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1190193

edit: i just realised how sad it is that i was able to pull the link out of my bookmarks like that lol

thanks, it didn't have the exact model, but it had some good ones, like the xiphos, which i was actually thinking would be cool to build as another shape besides the S Prestige. So, thanks for that, those will definitely help!
SM
Sweet! I did something moderately helpful!!!

no worries man I'd love to have a go at building a mustang or jazzmaster one day myself (money being the limiting thing lol)

good luck dude!

another edit: if you havent already done this, you could google search for it (I've seen some dedicated sites which offer plans and stuff)

or if you know some measurements you could get a big picture of the guitar (off the internet), and use a measurement such as the real size of the pickup to scale it with and then print, it worked on my mustang plan which hasn't happened yet lol (just used microsoft publisher to do it)
Last edited by goo94 at Jul 14, 2010,