I've been playing this piece (Asturias by Isaac Albéniz) for some months now, without caring too much about the timing. Now that I want to work the timing I found a problem... I can play the first part (the main theme), there´s no problem with that, the weird thing comes when the non-dramatic part kicks in, with the octaves and that stuff, beacause I cannot really find the timing mainly beacuse everyone plays it the way they want, I've searched many youtube videos and there isn't an only way to play it. I also checked the tab here (guitar pro) but it doesn't sound right to me...

Any advice?

There's

NEVER

enough

GAIN

I'm not too familiar with that part of the song (I've only played that first intro bit)...what's the tempo marking? Is it marked as "freely"? because if so, you kinda get freedom to do what you want tempo and rhythmically (kinda rhythmically). I'm not too sure though, I'll have to check the music on it...
Quote by obeythepenguin
You win this thread. Pipe organs FTW.

Quote by ShadesOfGray
Let's take it one step further and add a slogan:

Big Bach is listening you!
I have taken breaks from songs and "fiddled around with them over time. Come back months later pick it right up.... you might be jumping to far ahead of yourself.

Another thing I do , is to slow the song down then speed it up as you get the hang of it. IN short PUSH yourself on a song that is ahead of you.

I am not sure if I am making sense, I am sure each person has their own little trick, and these tricks we have is taking a thought and turning it into words, which can be tricky.
This is a piano piece, most guitar transcriptions alter the structure and harmonies to a greater or lesser extent, dependant on the arranger's taste, skill and the skill of intended performer.
It is unclear if you are complaining about various rhythmic nuances that differing performers bring to their interpretations or about fundamental rhythmic differences in various arrangements.
I suggest you listen to an interpretation by a reputable pianist such as Alicia de Larrocha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWTUz4dlaoc

or get the piano score. That will at least show you the composers intent (Larrocha's interpretational nuances aside) .
Last edited by R.Christie at Jul 15, 2010,