I was wondering if the people who are in this forum could help me with something.

I have been looking at one of these pickups for my guitar, the Roland GK-3

http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.php?ProductId=651&ParentId=55

I could use some help with what it actually does.

I'll tell you what I want to use it for, and would be grateful if you could tell me if it will do this or point me in the direction of something of a similar price that will.

I'm a music student at university (going into second year), and for my performance module i have come up with putting together a band in the style of Pendulum, now obviously Rob Swire has quite a lot of money so he can afford to splash out on a guitar midi controller, but as I'm a student I don't have the cash for a Starr Labs Ztar.

Basically I want to know if i can use this pickup, feed it to the GR-20, and use that to switch synth patches on my laptop (which will be onstage) to essentially create the synth sounds using my guitar.

I run Logic pro on my laptop, but found that the live thing it has doesn't allow me to run synthesisers from my guitar.

For those of you who don't know who pendulum are, or do and would like a vague idea of what I'm talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjpGid7sSWs

I know it's not going to be exactly the same, and I want the degree of unpredictability so it will give me something to play with while I get the parts together and worked out and such.

Thanks in advance
i'm Ginger its fun
It's just the amount I'd have to shell out for it. and if it doesn't do what I want to do with it its a bit of a waste of money. It's not something i can see myself using in my main band. but If it works to do the whole Guitar/Midi controller thing. Then i can use it at home for various things i have in my head
i'm Ginger its fun
Found an alternative. Rather than shell out on something that might do the job. found a reasonably cheap Starr labs Ztar, Its the BabyZ but still a decent deal. at least I know it will do what I want it to do.

the only problem now is finidng a stockist in my area. Or finding out how to buy from Starr Labs themselves and resulting shipping costs.

Thanks for the help though
i'm Ginger its fun