Well, there's been some competition for us importing stuff into Russia, but we finally got a few solid orders these past two weeks and here's what I have on me right now:

First - Peavey 5150

Yeah I know, another 5150... borringggggggg... but wait! This isn't a 5150... it's an EVIL! :P

Don't worry, the "EVIL" logo won't be there much longer, I bought some aluminum lettering to go on it, should be here soon I hope, can't wait to see how awesome they make this thing look!

As far as 5150 vs 5150 II goes, IMO - there is no comparison. The 5150 is so much more raw and in your face. I haven't checked inside the amp yet, but it must have a lower gain tube on the clean channel or something, because this one stays completely clean with the pregain at 8 and the post completely maxed - Yes, it was loud! Still one of my favorite amps I've ever tried. Clip in profile!

Second - Orange Rockerverb 100:

OMG! Is that a WHITE orange!??!

Yes... yes it is...

The 2009 Limited Edition to be exact!

I've gotta say, I wasn't really expecting much out of this amp. I figured it'd be great for classic sounds and modern alternative rock, but I'm actually really surprised with this thing. The RV100 has TONS of gain! Really chunky for metal, overall just really badass sounding. A little fizzy as you'll hear in the clip on my profile, but I kinda like it like that for some reason... just makes it sound super aggressive. TBH... I'm kinda liking this more than the Splawn Nitros I've had in the past... *flameshield*
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Nice stuff. I listened to the Orange yesterday and i was quite surprised. Still not my thing but it sounded really good
Call me Brent
Quote by m33sta.

People would leave guitars for me in a box on the doorstep with a note "Please look after little Johnie, we just cant cope anymore, all he wants to do is hook up with Marshalls, We thought he would be a fender boy.

Next on the list - 3 Channel Mesa Triple Recto

Mmmm... Diamond Plate

Look at all those t00bs!!!

Got a pretty sick deal on this one... $800 locally with the footswitch and brand new tubes. I actually considered just picking this up for myself and reselling it if I didn't like it, but I didn't feel like bothering with it

What they say about the 2 channels being better than the 3 channels is definitely right. This one just doesn't have the same mojo as the 2 channel I had did (which I still have massive GAS for). It's a little too timid for my tastes, not enough bite, not nearly as much as the 2 channel. It does sound awesome though, don't get me wrong. It's looser than the 2 channel and just not as chunky. This is where your typical Recto sound comes from, not a bad thing, but I just prefer the 2 channel

Decide which one you like better - Clip in profile!

P.S. Still have 2 more amps on the way, so look out for them sometime next week!
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Is that a pre-2010 Recto?

HNAD, even though you're not keeping any of these.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
That Orange sounds beastly.

EDIT: I envy your life
MARCUS plz
Last edited by Marky_Strummer at Jul 14, 2010,
Quote by Raijouta
Is that a pre-2010 Recto?

HNAD, even though you're not keeping any of these.

Yeah, it's an older 3 channel
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Awwwww, that Orange is cute as hell! May have some gain on tap, but is it Evil gain?
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
look at all these beautiful amps, oh and by the way, $800? you basically made off like a bandit. nice find!

russia luvs tube amps.
Gear

Mesa/Boogie Mark V Head
Mills Acoustics Mach 212B
Peavey Vypyr 15w
ESP LTD EC-1000 guitar (BKP Nailbombs)
Fender American Standard Strat
PRS Custom 24
Dunlop KH Signature Wah
Menatone Red Snapper
Boss DD-7 Delay
Zvex Fuzz Factory
In Russia, the MIG needs to retube you!
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
i need another rv i miss it now

The rv100 has 4 gain stages on its gain channel so it's a lot closer to the other hi-gain amps then it is to the other oranges.
Even the thunderverb 200 only has 3.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Last edited by AcousticMirror at Jul 14, 2010,
Quote by AcousticMirror
i need another rv i miss it now

The rv100 has 4 gain stages on its gain channel so it's a lot closer to the other hi-gain amps then it is to the other oranges.
Even the thunderverb 200 only has 3.

Interesting, I'd always heard the Thunderverb had the most gain.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
That Rockerverb clip just makes me GAS even more for an Orange...righteous.
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
Typically, if I find a white orange, i'd throw it out.

or give it to a guy named Jon...Weird right? It's even weirder that my name's Jon..

Awesome stuff though!
Quote by MatrixClaw

No. Orange actually explains it in the manual for the thunderverb.

The rockerverb 100 is a 2 stage non-master on the clean side and 4 stage master on the gain side.

The thunderverb 200 is 3 stage clean voicing on the clean said and 3 stage crunch voicing on the gain side both with master volumes.

The rockerverb 100 is definitely meant to be the high gain flagship though.

One of the few hi-gain heads with a really good reverb too. Which is why i miss it. Will definitely grab another at some point.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I like how the 5150's previous owner had to label the send, return and remote jacks to remember what they were.

HNRAW!
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by MatrixClaw
I've always found the Thunderverb to have a more vintage gain to it. It is bassier and chunkier than the RV, but isn't as bright and preamp-y.

There's no amp sexy in white as a Diezel Herbert and an Orange.
Quote by AcousticMirror
I've got mah eye on a tv200 right now....hmmmmm

Whore.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
so your hobby is exporting?

the orange is boutiful.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Got the lettering today. Looks so sweet, if I ever get another 5150, it's getting a custom logo like this one!

Cleaned it all up, looks like a completely different amp now. Sorry for the pictures being a bit blurry, I couldn't get the chrome on the logo to look right if I used flash and it's too dark in here to get it to show the true color without flash

Think ima buy me a Framus logo for my Cobra now, since Framus and Rebel Amps aren't returning my emails
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Jul 15, 2010,

new lettering looks awesome....great mod. Now figure out a way to get LED right in a 5150 headshell. So the 5150 has 6L6s?

dude.......seriously, i commend you on your clips. Great riff and it helps us with the comparisons. The riff is getting old but honestly.....like I said, it helps with the comparisons.

Here are my votes on this NRAD or whatever the f*ck it is called:

1.) 5150 by Peavey. Most balls. Most mids. Cuts like a knife. Sounds great.

2.) Rockerverb by Orange. Surprisingly close to the 5150. I always considered it a bit fizzy but g()d dam that sounded killer!

3.) Triple Recto by Mesa. eh. It does pull through those lows like no other here.

*Nitro sounded awesome too
Matrix where did you get the lettering from? Looks good by the way
Call me Brent
Quote by m33sta.

People would leave guitars for me in a box on the doorstep with a note "Please look after little Johnie, we just cant cope anymore, all he wants to do is hook up with Marshalls, We thought he would be a fender boy.

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

new lettering looks awesome....great mod. Now figure out a way to get LED right in a 5150 headshell. So the 5150 has 6L6s?

dude.......seriously, i commend you on your clips. Great riff and it helps us with the comparisons. The riff is getting old but honestly.....like I said, it helps with the comparisons.

Here are my votes on this NRAD or whatever the f*ck it is called:

1.) 5150 by Peavey. Most balls. Most mids. Cuts like a knife. Sounds great.

2.) Rockerverb by Orange. Surprisingly close to the 5150. I always considered it a bit fizzy but g()d dam that sounded killer!

3.) Triple Recto by Mesa. eh. It does pull through those lows like no other here.

*Nitro sounded awesome too

Yeah, the song definitely gets boring, but I figured it was much better to give comparisons with exactly the same playing, mic, cab, etc. That way people have a much better idea of how it sounds, instead of me just randomly playing stuff for a few minutes each time

Agree with your rating though. 5150s just kill, especially on recordings. Those amps are really hard to beat, especially for the price!

I think I might redo the Recto tomorrow. I liked the modern voicing best in the room, but surprisingly, the vintage mode recorded best. Sounded funny mixing both on the recording - I'll have to play with it, maybe I'll just do one side with Vintage and the other side with Vintage boosted.

Quote by Guitar-KID125
Matrix where did you get the lettering from? Looks good by the way

autobadgez.com

$11, free shipping (via USPS First Class - Got here in 2 days - YAY!). Looks nicer than the regular 5150 logos by a long-shot imo. Even them custom making me a Framus logo is going to beat the... $75 Framus wants me to pay for them to ship it here from Germany
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Jul 16, 2010,
IMO, none of the latest amps sound as 'clear' (or as good, IMO) as the Splawn or 2-channel Recto, but they're all alot 'huger' sounding. If you could somehow combine the clarity with the hugeness it'd be amazing.

The 5150 could probably get there with an EQ pedal, though.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
IMO, none of the latest amps sound as 'clear' (or as good, IMO) as the Splawn or 2-channel Recto, but they're all alot 'huger' sounding. If you could somehow combine the clarity with the hugeness it'd be amazing.

The 5150 could probably get there with an EQ pedal, though.

The 2 channel Recto is probably my favorite recordings of those. But live, I still prefer my Cobra...

Doesn't change me from still having massive GAS from the Recto though

The mixes might also sound more "huge" because the volumes are noticeably higher. I threw some quick mastering on the last few ones I've done

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Derek...

IMO.....

You.....are.....apologizing too much tonight. Shut the fock up and keep doing what you are doing.................................................................k?

Will do.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Jul 16, 2010,
That siiver lettering on the 5150 does look damn good. Did you get them online?

That orange panel on the back of the white Orange looks so out of place. Would it have killed them to make it white too? Perhaps they just couldn't resist to make it orange somewhere.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
^ yeah the orange fanboys (or maybe just the branding department) would be up in arms

I actually like the orange (colour) where it is, but i agree that it's all in the one place. They'd need a little bit of orange somewhere else on it too to make it really match well- maybe a border to the faceplate, or the piping or something like that (though that might look terrible ).

EDIT: oh you mean on the back Ah, yeah i agree there
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The 5150 sounded good, but the RV was pretty tasty given that the 5150 is usually the win button of high gain.

HRAW.
Quote by Kensai
Please, I eat gays for breakfast...

Quote by Kensai
I must be even further in the closet then
Quote by Cathbard
That siiver lettering on the 5150 does look damn good. Did you get them online?

That orange panel on the back of the white Orange looks so out of place. Would it have killed them to make it white too? Perhaps they just couldn't resist to make it orange somewhere.

Yup, autobadgez.com

I agree, the back grille looks funny. First time I turned it around I was like "WTFZ!?!?"
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
My favorites went Peavey, Orange, Mesa. That just dosent sound right hahh.

HNAAAD!
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!