Poll: POD or no POD?
Poll Options
View poll results: POD or no POD?
Yes, get the POD!!!
1 50%
No!!! Don't get the POD!!!
1 50%
Voters: 2.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VhqO_tsVbk My band's song that I mentioned--Cross Pain "Rude Awakening" Hey, I'm looking at the POD X3 Live amongst many other things such as some Bugeras and Peaveys. I have a Peavey Stereo Chorus 2x12 amp. It's 130 Watts, solid-state, and made in the USA in the 80s or 90s. As far as sound goes, it has a lot of mids and a more bassy tone to it, but it gets a medium-high distortion. You can hear it if you listen to my band's song "Rude Awakening" on YouTube by searching for Cross Pain. I used the Peavey panned to the right, I believe, and a 30 Watt Line 6 Spider III panned left. My main guitar is an Epiphone Les Paul Standard with a DiMarzio D-Activator X (DP221) in the bridge and a DiMarzio D-Activator X (DP222) in the neck. These are very high output passive pickups. I don't use distortion pedals because I don't like them. I mainly play depressive black metal with a lot of cleans and I like distoriton with a lot of clarity. I find the distortion on my current Peavey decent, but it's a bit too bassy for my liking and by turning up the highs I loose clarity. I also play thrash/speed metal, progressive metal, some blues, some punk, and various styles like that. Sorry if I'm carrying on, I'm relatively new here. So, I basically want to know if the combination of the POD X3 and my Peavey will sound good. The inputs on the Peavey are high and low gain on the front, a power amp input, a preamp out mix, and a preamp out dry input. Once again, I'd just like to know if the combination of the POD and my Peavey will sound good. I would like to save money for a PA system and not spend any more on another amp than I really need to. Once again, sorry for rambling. Thank you for the help.

*EDIT* I'd also like to know if I can get the tone of this band called 'Black Pajent'. Here's their MySpace link: http://www.myspace.com/blackpajentband. I love all those tones of the songs you can hear on there. I particularly like the tone on the songs 'The End', 'The Prodigal', 'I Was the One', and 'My Everlasting'. When I saw them, they used Peavey 5150 heads (not sure if they were 5150II) with Basson 4x12 cabs if that helps.
Last edited by Gurut at Jul 14, 2010,
Well, most importantly, if you have a POD X3 Live (I have one), you won't be using distortion settings on your amp, or at least I don't. You'll run a line straight in, not through the "guitar" input.

The only way to know for sure if that amp will give you the desired tone is to test it. But in the end, the X3 Live is extremely versatile with EQ settings and noise gate and compression.

All I can say definitively is get the POD X3 Live. It is simply incredible how many different toys are packed into that thing. I love it.
Oh yeah.

Quote by hildesaw
A minor is the saddest of all keys.

EDIT: D minor is the saddest of all keys.
I personally cannot recommend the POD X3 live. It's great if you just want to plug in some headphones and practice without disturbing other. But I don't think it sounds to great though an amp. But that is just my personal opinion.
Gear:
Guitar:
'08 Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Boss CS-3
Vox Satchurater
Peavey Classic 30

Bass:
Fender Jazz
Carvin BX500
Quote by DoctorStrat
I personally cannot recommend the POD X3 live. It's great if you just want to plug in some headphones and practice without disturbing other. But I don't think it sounds to great though an amp. But that is just my personal opinion.

Sounds terrific through my Marshall.
Oh yeah.

Quote by hildesaw
A minor is the saddest of all keys.

EDIT: D minor is the saddest of all keys.
Quote by hockeyplayer168
Well, most importantly, if you have a POD X3 Live (I have one), you won't be using distortion settings on your amp, or at least I don't. You'll run a line straight in, not through the "guitar" input.

The only way to know for sure if that amp will give you the desired tone is to test it. But in the end, the X3 Live is extremely versatile with EQ settings and noise gate and compression.

All I can say definitively is get the POD X3 Live. It is simply incredible how many different toys are packed into that thing. I love it.

Thanks, man. I just don't wanna shell out any more money on a new amp if I don't need to.
Quote by DoctorStrat

When I record I'll of course use direct in, but I'll run thru my amp for practice, rehersal, gigs, etc...at least until I get a PA put together.
Quote by hockeyplayer168
Sounds terrific through my Marshall.

It may just be my ears then. Like I said just my humble opinion .
Gear:
Guitar:
'08 Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Boss CS-3
Vox Satchurater
Peavey Classic 30

Bass:
Fender Jazz
Carvin BX500