I've had ideas brewing over the last hour, and want to get some input on what could potentially happen if I attempt it.

I'm not sure this is the right place to post this, but it is related to accessories (amplification), but is also related to the guitar itself. Hopefully there will be no shutting down of this thread.

First and foremost: for the control of this experiment, I'm going to be using one 1992 Telecaster Plus and one VOX AC30C2X as the primary equipment.

After watching a youtube video of a guy using Electroharmonix pedals with cable splitting to create series/parallel stuff, he was getting some pretty wild sounds.

Now, what if I applied the same idea to something different.

The idea: Take my guitar, and plug in a cable splitter into the input jack...from this point, use two distinct guitar cables which then in turn plug in to my amplifier (also using a splitter).

Or,

Use the splitter on the guitar, with two chords, plugged into distinct channels on the amplifier?

Worries:

Blowing out components in the guitar/amplifier/electrical shock/feedback

Possible benefits (I'm not sure)

Interesting sounds/tone

Anyone ever tried this?
Some amps that have two inputs allow you to plug and play two instruments into them at the same time, some don't. I'm not sure about your amp.

It might play both channels at the same time, it might only play the first channel, or it might cancel it's self out and not make any sound at all.

Try it, I highly doubt that it's possible to damage anything doing it.

But I also doubt that it's worth doing.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Are you intending to run different effects on each path? Otherwise I'm not getting what you are trying to acheive.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
For starters I just wanted to try it out without effects.

I was thinking I'd potentially have like, two distinct (but equal) electrical signals running between amplifier and guitar creating a completely unique tone, or have more control over tone if using separate amp channels.
If you can eq each channel separately you might get something useable. Sounds like a lot of screwing around for nothing to me.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Yeah, you can do this with two amplifiers running at the same time and get some awsome sounds. Doing it with the same amp seems pointless though.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
well I mean on the ac30 it would just jumper the two channels into the same power amp so it's not going to do anything funky. you'll just get the sound of one channel + the sound of the other channel.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer