guitar 1) A fender american strat with a humbucker in the bridge (which is what i want). it comes with a maple neck, which is what i want as well. the other positives to me are the fact that its made in the USA and comes with a hardcase.

guitar 2) A fender standard strat with a floyd rose. the pluses on this are the bridge humbucker, and the floyd rose that comes with lock outs on the neck. its made in mexico, but the problem is it only comes with a rosewood neck. i personally am not a fan of the rosewood, but...

overall, guitar one is made in USA and has everything that i want but no floyd rose. guitar 2 has everything but the maple neck. the price difference is $350 with the USA strat being more.

any thoughts would be great along w/ opinions!

(in case your wondering i play rock and metal, mostly iron maiden, im trying to go for that tone)
I'd say the MIA just because that's a way better guitar. Sure the Standard has a Floyd, but do you know how to set up a Floyd and do you change change tunings a lot?
Well, Iron Maiden use Floyd Roses, so there's that.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
yea, i have other guitars with floyd roses and im really used to dealing with them all the time, so it wont be anything for me
yea, i guess i could but thats more money, and im still in high school so money for me takes a while to come by, I've been saving for a while. and if i were to get thee MIA, then putting a floyd on it in the long rub would decrease its value when it gets older
Quote by dizzle_312
couldn't you just buy the MIA one and put a floyd rose on it??

I don't think there's a direct swap out for that. Maybe a non-recessed Floyd. But a Floyd alone costs $300.
i wouldnt thank you for a floyd rose because of all the set up and tuning issues, to me that is a definite negative.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Unless you desperately want the FR, go for the MIA strat - better workmanship/quality.
You might be better off looking at Jackson (owned by Fender and made using the same quality parts). There are a number of MIA Jacksons with Floyds.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
MIA is definatly a step up from the MIMs but they are both great
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by MrFlibble
You might be better off looking at Jackson (owned by Fender and made using the same quality parts). There are a number of MIA Jacksons with Floyds.

+1