I saw a youtube video where a guitarist was playing with all the strings except the Low E tuned up a whole step. So it basically looks like this:

E B E A C# F#

He put in the video title: "guitar drop e riff"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY4tNYHNMt8

If you look in the comments someone says that it shouldn't be considered a Drop tuning being he didn't drop the strings down at all, he just brought them up. He said it could be considered Drop Fb, or perhaps F-standard-dropped. But wasn't so sure if he was correct.

Does anyone know the correct term for this tuning?
Quote by Penis_wanker
hey guyz...i have a problem with my dick as i am trying to put inside the guitar input jack.

Its very small but it still doesn't fit in.

Can anyone give me some advice how i can put my dick in?

I am very horny right now

Cheers!
Last edited by kenvy at Jul 14, 2010,
Lol I never thought of a drop tuning like that. Technically, it's a drop tuning because the standard would be F B E A C# F# and he dropped the top string.
My Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncans
Jackson JS30RR Rhoads
Fender Frontman 25R (Want to upgrade badly)
Digitech Hardwire TL-2 Metal Distortion
Quote by Damaging_Excess
Lol I never thought of a drop tuning like that. Technically, it's a drop tuning because the standard would be F B E A C# F# and he dropped the top string.

But he didn't go from F standard. He went from E standard to Drop E.
Quote by Penis_wanker
hey guyz...i have a problem with my dick as i am trying to put inside the guitar input jack.

Cheers!
Quote by kenvy
But he didn't go from F standard. He went from E standard to Drop E.
But it's still F standard with a dropped low e.
My Gear:
Jackson JS30RR Rhoads
They're right, it would just be an alt. tuning, because if he isnt tuning DOWN, it isnt really a DROP tuning.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Quote by Damaging_Excess
But it's still F standard with a dropped low e.

yep....youre right

EDIT:

Quote by Tango616
They're right, it would just be an alt. tuning, because if he isnt tuning DOWN, it isnt really a DROP tuning.

yeah, a drop tuning means that you drop the lowest string, so its dropped from f standard.

according to you, drop d wouldn't be a drop tuning because all the strings werent dropped
Last edited by andrewjp123 at Jul 14, 2010,
Drop tuning means the interval between the thickest string and it's adjacent string is a fifth instead of a fourth. Hence the difference between Drop D and Straight D.
So when is E standard the highest tuning? I've seen people tune to F# Standard and even G standard, so technically it's drop E. Just because E is the most common doesn't make it the highest.
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

Why's everyone saying it's dropped from F standard, it's F# standard.
Quote by TheBigProjekt
So when is E standard the highest tuning? I've seen people tune to F# Standard and even G standard, so technically it's drop E. Just because E is the most common doesn't make it the highest.

It's not drop E because nothings being dropped.
Quote by Penis_wanker

Cheers!
Quote by kenvy

Drop tuning doesn't always mean you're dropping something, it just means the 5th and 6th string are a fifth apart instead of a fourth. Sounds confusing but that's what it means.
Quote by kenvy

yeah, as has been said before, the e is being dropped from an F#
Sorry for saying F instead of F#. I have never dealt with with anything higher then standard tuning.
My Gear:
Jackson JS30RR Rhoads