Maybe this belongs in a different thread...but I figured the pit might be a better place for this. I need help picking a song for a church talent show...

Now I'm a big Heavy Metal and Rock fan, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Avenged Sevenfold, etc. Now as this is a church thing though, I don't think the congregation would be crazy if I suddenly started playing 'Painkill'. even though it'd be as funny as hell

Now I'm willing to play anything that isn't Hip Hop, or Rap. So what would you recomend pit (And I'm being serious here. No Slayer, Cannibel Corpse, etc recomendations)

I can play guitar and sing
my dad (who said he may or may not help) can play bass and sing
other then that it depends on what my friends are doing.

So far the only song I could think of is 'Worth Fighting For' by Judas Priest. But I'm open to many other suggestions. And it doesn't have to be a ballad like that song. If it's up-beat like 'Let There Be Rock' or even 'Wasted Years' it'll be fine. Just remember, this is for church. So no swearing, no 'impure' lyrics, etc. (Stupid close minded congregation )

So thanks for reading and your advice and have a good one,
Stephen
Have a good one,
Phoenix
Stairway to Heaven? Or you could go with Icons of Evil by Vital Remains, both are good options IMO.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Learn some christcore? Underoath should be okay with you and go over well at a church..
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

Rolling Stones - "As Tears Go By"
Smashing Pumpkins - "Cherub Rock"
RHCP - "Save the Population" (they might buy that it's a hopeful song for humanity)
Jeff Buckley - "Hallelujah"
Fleetwood Mac - "Rhiannon"

Definitely good rock songs.
stop being a sheep and leave the church. Think for your self and find your own god, dont be lazy by believing in the most popular religion because everyone else is doing it.
Not a big -name of subgenre- core fan. Gutteral vocals are good in moderation. But BFMV and AX7 have the limit that I can handle.

Just asking but do you think stuff like Flogging Molly or Drop Kick Murphy would be good for church if I picked the right song? I've been listening to more Celtic Rock and Punk then I can remember for the past few days and I think people there might like that folky feel to it and I can be hapy because it's upbeat and something I like...

Here's what I'm talking about if you don't know the bands.
http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=ZcLpNP8jwRo&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=ojKoTjsSks8&feature=related
Have a good one,
Phoenix
Quote by mickmos
stop being a sheep and leave the church. Think for your self and find your own god, dont be lazy by believing in the most popular religion because everyone else is doing it.

Leave, please.

My suggestions: Layla - Eric Clapton
American Pie- Don Mclean
(Don't Fear) The Reaper- Blue Oyster Cult (if you think they'll go for it)

Last one, just remembered it, you HAVE to play it:

Jesus is Just Alright-Doobie Brothers
Quote by mickmos

GTFO. I believe in Christianity, and it pisses me off when people hate on it. And find my god? My religion says there's one god, I found him. Just because it's popular doesn't mean it's bad. Take breathing for example. I'm pretty sure that's popular for a reason.

OT: Not all Christcore is "heavy" music. Listen to "Reinventing Your Exit," you could easily take out the screamed lyrics and replace and them with singing.
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

Quote by TheBigProjekt
GTFO. I believe in Christianity, and it pisses me off when people hate on it. And find my god? My religion says there's one god, I found him. Just because it's popular doesn't mean it's bad. Take breathing for example. I'm pretty sure that's popular for a reason.

OT: Not all Christcore is "heavy" music. Listen to "Reinventing Your Exit," you could easily take out the screamed lyrics and replace and them with singing.

Christcore? Sounds metal as ****
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by damian_91
Christcore? Sounds metal as ****

nah it sound gay as ****
The pentagram burns by satyricon. Maybe not the most appropriate but it would be rediculously funny.
Quote by El_KINGG33
The pentagram burns by satyricon. Maybe not the most appropriate but it would be rediculously funny.

As old as elitist antireligious metalheads get, this image was quite funny to me.
The playground of the world
Quote by Eddie4President
As old as elitist antireligious metalheads get, this image was quite funny to me.

You can't go wrong with Norwegian black metal!
Quote by mickmos

your so cool man i wanna be like you when i grow up

TS: I'd say Stairway, or like TheBigProjekt siad learn some Underoath.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
I vote A7X's Beast and the Harlot, its about Babylon, and Babylon's in the Bible right?
I pride myself on my humility.
4:33

Always relevant.

Quote by Primus2112
your so cool man i wanna be like you when i grow up

Now there you go responding to him and making yourself look almost as bad.
Last edited by -[NiL]- at Jul 15, 2010,
i Cum Blood
Scale

The
Summit

Originally Posted by Guitarbaddie
Dude, she's like 12, what is wrong with you?

Originally Posted by RockGuitar92
You're the one who came on her face.

Alive - P.O.D.

/thread
We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal;
A generation born to witness
The end of the world

Quote by mickmos

Yes, be an individual like mickmos, in the key of C#m, just don't screw up the hammer on in the 6th measure and watch for the key change in the 3rd movement.
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
God Hates Us All

by

Slayer
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Quote by El_KINGG33

Quote by Zombee
God Hates Us All

by

Slayer

What these guys said
Quote by jibran
I go to the pit only to just look at your creepy perverted username.

My Tumblr
Why not try something a little softer, it's more likely to go down well in a congregation situation.

Something like "Machines" by Biffy Clyro.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.