Hey, I use Reaper and just use the default plugins, which arent the greatest. Any good free/cheapish plugin bundles I could buy?
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta
Peavey Vypyr 15 for teh lulz

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
What kind of plugins do you want?
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Well a limiter, compressor, some good reverb, and a decent parametric EQ would be a great start
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
it depends on how ethical your definition of free is. I hear there is a torrent for the waves complete bundle. It the waves mercury bundle with a few add ons. (FYI mercury bundle costs around $10,000 for the native version and about $15,000 for the TDM)
Quote by rockisalive
it depends on how ethical your definition of free is. I hear there is a torrent for the waves complete bundle. It the waves mercury bundle with a few add ons. (FYI mercury bundle costs around $10,000 for the native version and about $15,000 for the TDM)

I hear there are rules against implying illegally downloading stuff. Even then, 99% of people here wouldn't understand what to do with all the plugins that come in the mercury bundle of Waves.

Though if you've got the $400, the Waves Native Power Pack is a fun little bundle.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Free and cheap usually don't equal quality. Betabugs have a few good free plugins but not in the categories you want. Most Voxengo plugins are very good but I'm not a big fan of their EQ; don't impart any character.

If you're willing to pay or go the illegal route (which you shouldn't) here's what I like. For reverb the new Lexicon is absolutely amazing. To my ears it works much better than impulse stuff for music (even though a few impulses of hardware reverbs have been very nice). Compressor depends entirely what you want to accomplish, no one compressor will sound good for everything. For EQ I'm a sucker for the API bundle from Waves. Not very good for subtracting since they're fairly "blunt" but for adding they are outstanding.

I'll leave you with this. Rather than collecting a ton of free plugins that do a few things half-assed, it's much better to actually spend a little on one good plugin. A classy reverb or EQ will make the most difference.
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man."

- Huey Lewis & the News
Quote by ebon00
For reverb the new Lexicon is absolutely amazing. To my ears it works much better than impulse stuff for music (even though a few impulses of hardware reverbs have been very nice)

I'm tempted to look into that one now. I've got a MX200 that I use every now and then which, though its not the best, I enjoy. $600 isn't cheap but it may be something I invest into in the near future.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
YEah i use reapers built in plugins, and my main problem is the reverbs and limiter with it. Its just truly pretty bad ;/
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
Yeah I like most of the stuff Reaper comes with, but the reverb is awful. EQ, compression, and some other basic stuff are good though.
Quote by lockwolf
I'm tempted to look into that one now. I've got a MX200 that I use every now and then which, though its not the best, I enjoy. $600 isn't cheap but it may be something I invest into in the near future.

I still havn't tested out the Lexicon reverb and i had my alpha for about 1 week now
xD

back to the topic
http://freemusicsoftware.org/
http://freevstplugins.blogspot.com/
http://free-plugin-list.com/
http://www.vst4free.com/

^.^
If you're serious about needed some Design or Motion Graphics done for your band, youtube, or literally anything else you should email me at CoreGraphics@live.com. My services are quite affordable for the quality I deliver.

Youtube: CoreGraphics
Get a few bucks, and go out and buy the WaveArts PowerSuite. FAntastic plugins for the price.
The SIR reverb (impulse reverb) is really very good, though I stopped using it as soon as I got my TC Electronic M300 and got it to work as an external plug-in in Cubase.

The Spitfish plugins are good for dynamics - the compressor, de-esser, etc. They sounded good, but I did experience some hanging issues with them in Cubase. I never did suss out whether the problem was the plugin, the computer, a conflict with Cubase, or whatever. I did like the sound of them, though.

Mostly, I've stopped using free plugins. The ones in Cubase work for me just fine, and when I want reverb and delay and such, I use my hardware unit.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
no problem.
^.^
If you're serious about needed some Design or Motion Graphics done for your band, youtube, or literally anything else you should email me at CoreGraphics@live.com. My services are quite affordable for the quality I deliver.

Youtube: CoreGraphics
Forgot to mention the best free plugin of all time. Whatever else you choose, get the SSL LMC-1. As a parallel compressor on drums it is crazy. It sucks that I use ProTools and can't get my VST-to-RTAS converter to work properly.
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man."

- Huey Lewis & the News