So this insanely hot girl I work with bought a guitar yesterday and asked me to teach her how to play today. Of course I agreed, but she knows absolutely nothing about music other than the letter names of the strings at this point. I really don't know where I should start. Please help?
You'll find out...
Show her the positions.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
On a serious note, TS, teach her something fun, yet something she won't completely be able to accomplish on her own, thus leaving her wanting more

more penis of course.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
The usual, smoke on the water.

then shred her panties off
Gig Rig:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1
Crate BV120H
B-52 LS 4x12 cabinet
BBE Rackmount Sonic Max
Boss ME-50 Pedalboard
Digital Reference 2505 Wireless

I don't like BTBAM. Sue Me.

PLUR

My Solo Project
C,A,G,E,D chords in open position

or you could teach her how to down tune into drop C and then play every song from st anger with her
My gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
B-52 LS100 Half Stack
Dunlop SW30 Slash Signature Wah
Digitech Hardwire CR-7 Stereo Chorus
Digitech Hardwire DL-8 Delay/Looper
Boss BD-2 Blues Driver
Fender CD220CE Acoustic
Last edited by DKMfreak410 at Jul 14, 2010,
She is probably trying to impress a guy she works with.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
**** scales, teach her a simple song and then play a beast ass solo...

in her vagina. Or just wip out ur dick that usually works lol
Quote by BrokenDstring
Just smear poo all over everything he owns. Trade him for a fake les paul. Turtle his backpack. Bang his friends.

THIS IS WHAT THE PIT IS. RETARDED THREADS. ALL DAY, EVERY GOD DAMN DAY.
Fap.
Quote by travs2448

How many of you are vegan?
Hopefully none

Does anyone know any fun recipes?
Yeah a big juicy flank steak

What can be done with tofu?
Nothing it taste like crap

Is there such thing as vegan meat? Vegan sausages ect
WTF ARE YOU ON?
Quote by cyco_bob56
Correct fingering would also be good.
I agree. I think I'll go with that, open chords, and like a Jason Mraz song or something.
You'll find out...
1. Show her some basic chords

2. Use those chords to have her play a song she'd know

3. ??????

4. HAPPY SEAL! ARF!
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']1. Show her some basic chords

2. Use those chords to have her play a song she'd know

3. ??????

4. HAPPY SEAL! ARF!

This

It works every time. "OMG ur so good!!!"
Quote by Pencil Man
She is probably trying to impress a guy she works with.

This. Spoiler alert; it's not you.

I know...
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by Primus2112
This. Spoiler alert; it's not you.

I know...
I am literally the only guy she works with. However, I am all too aware that I don't have a shot with her.
You'll find out...
Quote by ZVengeance7X
I am literally the only guy she works with. However, I am all too aware that I don't have a shot with her.

Get that confidence up. If you don't get some tunie out of this, I am disappoint.
You can teach her a C and then shred in annoyance when she doesn't get it right. She'll be either:

A: Overwhelmed and start to cry, thus becoming venerable and in need of some love.

B: Overwhelmed by your sudden confidence boost (by being a dick) and will do you.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Quote by cyco_bob56
Not with that attitude!
Yeah, yeah. I just don't want to get my hopes up.
You'll find out...
avoid the F chord, barring is a bitch when you're starting out. A am C D Dm E Em G those are what she needs to know to start. maybe a B7 to challenge her. teach her a simple song. What kind of music is she into? break popular songs down into powerchords so she can learn them faster?
no sir away a papaya war is on
Quote by the_perdestrian
avoid the F chord, barring is a bitch when you're starting out.

I always forget what that's like if I'm trying to teach someone. I'll be sitting there like, "What, are your fingers retarded?"
Quote by the_perdestrian
avoid the F chord, barring is a bitch when you're starting out. A am C D Dm E Em G those are what she needs to know to start. maybe a B7 to challenge her. teach her a simple song. What kind of music is she into? break popular songs down into powerchords so she can learn them faster?
Oh yeah I'm gonna try to stay away from barre chords for a while. For stuff that requires actual instruments to play, she's into Incubus, Jason Mraz, Jack Johnson, and Dave Matthews.
You'll find out...
Teach her the strings.
Then teach her a simple song to practice.
Then snap her G string and make her sing.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Quote by ZVengeance7X
Oh yeah I'm gonna try to stay away from barre chords for a while. For stuff that requires actual instruments to play, she's into Incubus, Jason Mraz, Jack Johnson, and Dave Matthews.

I like her already, TS.

If you don't get after that, I will. Watch out.
"This is a powerchord. This is a distortion pedal. This is how you make feedback. You are now a god."