Page 1 of 2
I'm doing a project revolving around the question "What makes us human?" and would be very grateful if the pit participated in it. Now this isn't a homework or anything like that, just a project of mine.

Now what I need exactly from you guys is to post a word or a set of words, no phrases, giving another response for the said question.

Unrelated content, randomness, pit monkeys stuff is allowed since messing around and being idiots or stupid, on purpose or not, also makes us humans. But at least post a word/sets of words (in "s, if you want or need).

Try not to post too obvious things like "love". You should still post things you think are almost obvious since I might just not think about it. Anyways, thanks in advance
the ability to think
il sara7a il sara7a, i made you a goat but i eated it

we are not racist, we hate everyone equally
Regret.

EDDIT: Just listen to "The Harvest Floor" album by Cattle Decapitation and begin to truly hate humanity.
The playground of the world
We cook our meals.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
free will

ability to love

wisdom
Quote by spanishyanez
How many licks does it take to get to the center of a M0lliP0Ps?

the world may never know!

e-married to KENSAI

如果你可以阅读这个,你是中国人。
For starters...

Quote by Wikipedia
Humans have a highly developed brain, capable of abstract reasoning, language, introspection, and problem solving. This mental capability, combined with an erect body carriage that frees the hands for manipulating objects, has allowed humans to make far greater use of tools than any other species.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Quote by Kensai
Women cook our meals.

ftfy
il sara7a il sara7a, i made you a goat but i eated it

we are not racist, we hate everyone equally
Evolved large brain size, high cognition, complex symbolic languages, social complexity, etc.
Off the top of my head I would say that humans have a highly developed brain, capable of abstract reasoning, language, introspection, and problem solving. This mental capability, combined with an erect body carriage that frees the hands for manipulating objects, has allowed humans to make far greater use of tools than any other species. That's just my opinion, though.
Quote by Ninja Vampirate
Off the top of my head I would say that humans have a highly developed brain, capable of abstract reasoning, language, introspection, and problem solving. This mental capability, combined with an erect body carriage that frees the hands for manipulating objects, has allowed humans to make far greater use of tools than any other species. That's just my opinion, though.

That's weird. I was thinking this word for word!

Telepathy-five!

Quote by SeveralSpecies
Evolved large brain size, high cognition, complex symbolic languages, social complexity, etc.

I don't think that's an arguing point. Look at birds, whales, wild dogs, ants. Any gregarious species has, by default, a complex social system.
MATTERHORN
Quote by Doctor Matthews
I don't think that's an arguing point. Look at birds, whales, wild dogs, ants. Any gregarious species has, by default, a complex social system.
They don't have Facebook though.
The ability to reason and the ability to act in accordance with reason to obtain happiness.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Follow me on the tweet machine. I tweet about interesting things like the weather and what I ate for breakfast.
Quote by Eddie4President
Regret.

EDDIT: Just listen to "The Harvest Floor" album by Cattle Decapitation and begin to truly hate humanity.

****ing love Cattle. Listen to this if you want to know what makes us human in the bad way!!!
Quote by celticstorm84
endless supply of cats = endless supply of food.

Quote by Calibos
I've also noticed that as i've got older, I want to be further and further away from the front at a gig. Damn kids with their mushy pits and walls of doom.
Quote by burndttoast
They don't have Facebook though.

That gave me a good laugh
Quote by Doctor Matthews

Clearly not AS complex
Morals
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Envy. That is one powerful emotion which I think is predominantly human and which makes humans what they are. It is what pushes us forward and is the driving force behind humanity.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Clearly not AS complex

True, but I think one would have to break it down further if they want it part of their argument.
MATTERHORN
Quote by Doctor Matthews
True, but I think one would have to break it down further if they want it part of their argument.

It's meant to be the combination of all the things I listed that make us human. For example, just saying we have a high cognition doesn't separate us from apes. That combined with our highly evolved brain size and use of complex symbolic language and social structure DOES separate us from them as well as all animals.

Many animals share certain individual characteristics with humans, but only WE have that specific combination of them.
Humans have the ability to create threads on web forums involving projects that ask people what in their opinion makes people human.
Last edited by hortonface at Jul 15, 2010,
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Many animals share certain individual characteristics with humans, but only WE have that specific combination of them.

Ah, gotcha. I thought you were just listing things off.
MATTERHORN
Quote by Dirge Humani
46 chromosomes.

Lol so people with downs syndrome aren't human?
Quote by Erik_Aero
Lol so people with downs syndrome aren't human?

Humans are also bipedal, but paraplegics are still humans
Quote by Dirge Humani
Unless they have downs syndrome, of course.

Or are black.

3/5 compromise, bitches!

Page 1 of 2