Page 1 of 6
What's the best and worst stage presence you've seen, be it on a video or live? Not sure what forum I should put this in so i figured the pit would be good
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

As far as awesome stage presence goes, Chris Broderick , James Hetfield, Chuck Billy, and Bruce Dickinson come to mind. They say something, you do it. Its pretty simple. not to mention they all look badass as ****(except bruce but he makes up for it by being awesome)
Best: Any famous Musician
Worst: Kids at high school talent shows.

....Oh...
Dream Theater is the worst. I LOVE them, and LaBrie doesn't do THAT bad of a job... but they don't move, and have NO crowd interaction. I know this one's cliche, but their music makes up for it
Quote by sporkman7
so what wierd things can u guys do? no not like laser vision or meat vision or something, but like random stuff that usually comes in handy
Matt Shultz from Cage the Elephant. He's extremely energetic and probably kind of crazy,
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Follow me on the tweet machine. I tweet about interesting things like the weather and what I ate for breakfast.
Quote by kroberts61390
As far as awesome stage presence goes, Chris Broderick , James Hetfield, Chuck Billy, and Bruce Dickinson come to mind. They say something, you do it. Its pretty simple. not to mention they all look badass as ****(except bruce but he makes up for it by being awesome)

QFT, James Hetfield
"The Who!!!! I love bands"
Best: Bruce Springsteen, easily
Worst: BTBAM
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Robert Trujillo from Metallica, he just cracks me up
Quote by jibran
I go to the pit only to just look at your creepy perverted username.

My Tumblr
Worst of all time: Maylene and the Sons of Disaster.

The singer wasn't even facing the audience most of the time, and the guitarists just... stood there.
Quote by Guitar Newbie
QFT, James Hetfield

OoOOoOOh Heyyyyah Suicide, I'm already died(ah)

(I couldn't help it)

If you want good (but still laughable) metal stage presence, watch recent videos of Cannibal Corpse playing live. Corpsegrinder is in his 40s, but he whirlwind headbangs at about 20 rpm.
Quote by Fiddly Diddly69
Robert Trujillo from Metallica, he just cracks me up

Hey now, he might not be as good as Cliff or Jason but he is in a league of his own when it comes to crab impersonations.
Quote by TheChaz
The singer wasn't even facing the audience most of the time, and the guitarists just... stood there.

Maynard James Keenan and Adam Jones kind of do that but Tool is still amazing llive. I haven't seen them,but based off what I have seen, they are great.
Quote by slipknot5678
Maynard James Keenan and Adam Jones kind of do that but Tool is still amazing llive. I haven't seen them,but based off what I have seen, they are great.

Maynard only faces the crowd when he's selling his damn wine. He has anxiety issues because a lot of the songs are personal to him.
Quote by Echoplex
Maynard only faces the crowd when he's selling his damn wine. He has anxiety issues because a lot of the songs are personal to him.

I know.
Best I've seen: Pierce the Veil
Worst I've seen: Can't really say, besides local bands, I've been impressed with every band I've seen. I'm pretty happy about that.
Quote by Echoplex

I thought his wine was pretty okay.

BEST- GWAR

Worst- John Mayer. But it's not like stage presence is his thing.
Best: Iggy Pop, Pete Townshend, The Clash, Morrissey

Worst: I dunno. Probably some local bands.
The one's ive seen in person, pretty much dont have bad stage presence because they're professional touring musicians. Its their job. Obviously local shows are a different story, but as far as major acts ill list a few.

Tech N9ne: most energetic and ballsy hiphop show ive ever been to.
Tool: Maynard has a weird stage thing that totally works for him, and their drummer is nuts. the other guys are kinda subdued in their movement though.
Iron Maiden: duh
Joe Bonamassa: Knows he's good, and controls the stage well.

Actually, for worst, while i love the Allman Brothers and they played a kickass set, some of their members, like Dereck Trucks, are pretty shy/in their own space.
58-32 NFL Thread Pick Em.
Best I have seen was Baroness, and worst would have been Bring me the Horizon. Having to sit through them for Devildriver and Megadeth was the worst half hour of my life.
Worst would be some local band that played at the Behemoth show I went to in January, the singer just had the urge to brush his hand through his hair every 5 seconds.
All right now time to post examples!
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

Machine ****ing Head
Devildriver
Pantera
Five Finger Death Punch

This is all based on videos and DVDs, I have never seen any of the above

For worst, has to be Fall Out Boy who I did have the misfortune of seeing live.

I guess most uber-technical prog metal/rock bands don't have great stage presence (Mastodon, Dream Theater, Opeth etc) but they don't need that.
Worst: Van Morrison. He has horrible stage fright. When he's preforming he doesn't face the audience and he sings very low.

Best: from what I have experienced Iron Maiden. Final Frontier tour.
Scale

The
Summit

Originally Posted by Guitarbaddie
Dude, she's like 12, what is wrong with you?

Originally Posted by RockGuitar92
You're the one who came on her face.

Quote by Random3
Machine ****ing Head
Devildriver
Pantera
Five Finger Death Punch

This is all based on videos and DVDs, I have never seen any of the above

For worst, has to be Fall Out Boy who I did have the misfortune of seeing live.

I guess most uber-technical prog metal/rock bands don't have great stage presence (Mastodon, Dream Theater, Opeth etc) but they don't need that.

WTF man? Are you sure we're talking the same Mastodon?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BiOITZHC8I

And remember, stage presence isn't all about doing back-flips of amps and doing guitar spins.
Quote by Alter- Bridge
I hear adam jones has a fake leg.

Unless this is something that happened recently, it's not true.
Quote by genghisgandhi
Best: RATM, Nirvana, Slipknot

Worst: Axl Rose

How's Rose's stage presence the worst ever

Best: Freddie Mercury - he didn't even have to try

Hard to pick the worst
Best: James LoMenzo from Megadeth, (I saw them last December and he was the best one on stage), Green Day (They honestly look like they're having fun), James Hetfield (especially 80's Hetfield), SlipKnoT (with the exception of Craig, In my opinion, THE best) and Alice Cooper.

Worst: The rest of Megadeth, ( I didn't think Dave, Chris, and Shawn did too great), Disturbed (meh.), Lamb of God (I like headbanging, but that's a tad ridiculous.), and anyone performing in their high school talent show. (Unless you guys practice showmanship instead of music in your band practices, in which case, you'll do alright.)

EDIT: Almost forgot, I think Jordan Rudess (The keyboard player from Dream Theater, I know mispelled his last name) is pretty good, it's kinda hard to do a lot with a Keyboard. As for the rest of DT, not so hot.
Rojam's new and improved band!!!!

Listen a little bit, we DON'T suck!
Last edited by Rojam at Jul 15, 2010,
Best: Omar Rodriguez-Lopez, Cedric Bixler-Zavala, Nirvana, Matt Bellamy, Freddie Mercury, Rob Zombie, Angus Young, Steven Tyler, early Ian Anderson.

Worst: some bands where all the members play an instrument (not singers). They tend to just stand around alot.