I recently bought an esp m-100 fm(flamed maple) guitar. when i received it however, the flame maple top is very difficult to see unless you get right up close to it. it is supposed to be see thru black but it is almost an opaque black does anybody have any idea how i can fix this so my flamed maple top can be seen from a reasonable distance?
Sand it down and restain it. Or get a new top with a more noticeable flame then stain it.
Take it back and get a new one? Even if you bought it online there's sure to be a 30 day guarantee or something on it.

Just remember though, you do get what you pay for, you're not going to get an awesome killer flame maple top on a 100 series, but if you don't like the way it looks just return it and get a new one
Quote by SDM
Just remember though, you do get what you pay for, you're not going to get an awesome killer flame maple top on a 100 series

Yep, he's right.

I haven't seen your guitar, but i'd say it looks like it's supposed to look.
Usually, the flame maple tops on black LTD M-100s don't have very high contrast.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by Seref
Sand it down and restain it. Or get a new top with a more noticeable flame then stain it.

what he said.
most entry level guitars in general. esp m-100 fm (uk price £250)
will have a veneer top.. you might be limited in the overall finish you will get.

could sand it down a little. to take off any tinted lacquer coats. clear over that.