Which eq pedal would you choose between the mxr 10 band or the boss ge7? is it worth the extra 30 dollars for the mxr 10?
danelectro fish and chips
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
The 10 band is alot better than the GE-7, which is said to be somewhat noisy and not truly transparent - the 10 has greater boost/cut and features a more specific spectrum, not to mention gain/volume controls, which are nice to have to control just how loud you are.

Keep in mind the gain control on the 10-band doesn't boost preamp gain, it controls the level of signal going into the pedal's input.

Of course, you could get a used 15 band rack EQ for cheaper than either of them on eBay, but it might be more complex than you need or want, and most rack EQs aren't footswitchable, so if you're looking to use the EQ as a boost as opposed to something 'always on', you might want to go for one of the pedal options instead.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
definitely the MXR, the Boss GE-7 is garbage. MXR also used to make a 6 band eq if you can find one, I saw one on craigslist yestrday for $50.

the GE-7 is embarrassingly bad. Probably one of boss's worst pedals tbh.
Last edited by handbanana at Jul 15, 2010,
Quote by handbanana
definitely the MXR, the Boss GE-7 is garbage. MXR also used to make a 6 band eq if you can find one, I saw one on craigslist yestrday for $50.

the GE-7 is embarrassingly bad. Probably one of boss's worst pedals tbh.

The GE-7 MIJ is a good one though. Dont believe me? look at the gilmour forums
What is thall? THALL
Agile Interceptor Pro 727
POD HD500
Carvin DCM1000L
Behringer Rack Tuner
Carvin Rack Case
Mogami Cables
Quote by Mobiusr
The GE-7 MIJ is a good one though. Dont believe me? look at the gilmour forums

yeah but about 75% of the time when your looking at a Boss Pedal it's going to be Made in Taiwan
Yes it's worth the extra $30. Get the 10 band, it's far more versatile, the volume/gain knobs are worth their weight in yak fat.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
yea i need a EQ too and i was looking for MXR .
Do i need a 10band when i already have a boost pedal in my pedalboard ?
Coz i think all i need is 6band to get maximum from my amp .
Quote by Sguit
Boss PQ-4

what exactly the difference between normal EQ and parametric EQ??
MIM Fender Strat
Ibanez AE series acoustic
Washburn Semi Hollow loaded with Di-Marzios
Main Street LP
Tama drum set
Marshall Blues-breaker 2
VOX V847 Wah
Fender Princeton chorus
Quote by 3hta_bryce
what exactly the difference between normal EQ and parametric EQ??

The parametric EQ lets you set the exact frequency you want want to cut or boost
If you can, definitely go for the 10-band option. I have one, and although I don't know your specific music styles it should help much more than the other.

Or as mentioned, you can just get the six band option. I tried that in making my decision between it and the 10-band, and went with the ten because I had the extra money and found the other features of it useful.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me