Hi UG,

Bit of a problem deciding what amp i want to buy,
sold my last blackstar and cab on the basis of buying a mesa nomad combo the next day but that has fallen through..

so i have a budget of around £400 (may go a up a bit if it's absoloutely needed..)

Ill buy used...

At the moment i've been looking at fender hot rod deluxe's, laney vc30?, vox ac15, marshall ma50.. ?

The main thing i'm after is a really nice clean amp, but if its possible i'd like a nice drive channel too?

Looking at the sort of size to gig with so something like 30w+

Genres: Indierock/Britishrock/Punk/Grunge/Some hard rock...

I'd love some opinions on them!

Thanks
VC30 will definitely do what you want and do it well, I've heard they could use a speaker swap, though. Wouldn't recommend the Marshall MA. The HRD has great cleans but pretty terrible drive. The AC15 has great cleans and drive, but you might find it a bit lacking for band practice on the clean side (wlel, if clean cleans are your thing) it's also only one channel.

You could also consider the Peavey Classic 30 or the ENGL Gigmaster, as well as the Egnater Tweaker.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
any links to the engl and the egnater, i forgot to add the classic 30 on my list aha, i've tried the ac30 and ma and the HRD, loved the HRD>MA and the ac30 was just unreasonable in price to make it an option..
Quote by Raijouta
VC30 will definitely do what you want and do it well, I've heard they could use a speaker swap, though. Wouldn't recommend the Marshall MA. The HRD has great cleans but pretty terrible drive. The AC15 has great cleans and drive, but you might find it a bit lacking for band practice on the clean side (wlel, if clean cleans are your thing) it's also only one channel.

You could also consider the Peavey Classic 30 or the ENGL Gigmaster, as well as the Egnater Tweaker.

i see the gigmaster and tweaker are 15 watts, will this be enough?

i was under the impression i'd need 30+ ?
15w is enough for sure. You'll be able to be heard, but your cleans might not be squeaky clean.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
hmm well i'm after the cleans to be fair, and to be honest i've never seen a ENGL or the egnater used anywhere, and there shops near me don't stock them either

so far i have found HRD'S and a couple of vc30's quite local at around 250-300 pounds..
I'd take the VC30, but I'm very biased :P Great cleans and a good drive channel for lower gain stuff if you need it. Should be voiced well for all the stuff you've got there. The HRD has great cleans but I would say isn't quite as well suited voicing wise as the laney
I'd take the VC30 too. After seeing them being recommended here all the time, I finally got to try one out. Great amps.
Out of the amps that you've mentioned the VC30 definatly matched up to what you want better than the rest. The Hotrod Deluxe has awsome cleans, but terrible drive as has been said above.

However me personally, if I played those types of music and had £400 to spend, I'd get a Peavey Classic 30.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
^ Perhaps true, but we tend to get raped on prices for US amps like teh peavey over here, so the VC30 is a lot more cost effective. Having said that, the laney just went up £100 on gak
The AC15 has two channels
"Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you." - Aldous Huxley
Quote by Zamorak
The AC15 has two channels

sniped.
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!