Hi guys. So, I got a new amp yesterday, and I love the clean channel. The drive channel sounds good, but is a little bit bright for my liking. The amp is a Hughes and Ketter 25th Anniversary Edition Tube, and only has one master EQ for both Clean and Drive. I don't particularly want to mess around with the EQ as I love the setting I have for the cleans, so the question is simply, what can I do to get a warmer tone out of the amp?

I'm playing through a PRS SE Custom, and, pedal-wise, I have a BD-2, Crybaby and RE-20. Would it be worth buying a different distortion/overdrive pedal, or something like an MXR EQ pedal?

Just looking for suggestions.
Quote by strat0blaster
HA!

Well played, my friend.

I'm going to edit that awful grammar right now

Yay, I'm sigged!!
And a grammar nazi..
Write down/draw your EQ settings on a piece of paper somewhere. Someone's bound to bump one of the knobs and you might find yourself spending hours trying to get back that 'magical clean tone'.

What exactly do you mean by 'warm'? Warm can mean the same thing as 'dark', which means low treble and lots of mids and bass. If your amp has a bias trimpot you could try taking it to a tech and have him bias it hotter, which will indeed 'warm up' the amp's sound.

As far as an OD pedal, there's dozens to be had. What's your budget?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
By warm, I mean fuller to be honest. It does sound a little bit treble-heavy, and I don't really understand things like tubes and the quality of different tubes.
Haha, that's a good idea with writing down the clean setting. I've adjusted settings on the BD-2, messed with the tone control on the PRS, but it doesn't seem to get rid of the trebly-drive sound.
Quote by strat0blaster
HA!

Well played, my friend.

I'm going to edit that awful grammar right now

Yay, I'm sigged!!
And a grammar nazi..
Throw a EQ in the loop, it will give you alot more tone shapping and should be able to reduce the brightness
You could always trade it for a darker amp
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
honestly i would think changing the preamp tube that relates to the gain side of the amp should accomplish this.

1 - JJ12ax7 is my rec.

nice set up btw.
Agreed, chuck a JJ in V1.

An EQ would be the go, preferrably in the loop but not necessarily. If you stick it out front you can use it as a boost too.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification