I want to boost my JCA20 combo.
Some i have looked at but havent tried...
Way Huge Angry Troll
Catalinbread Super Chili
Maybe i should use a an OD to boost?
Recommendations and thoughts?
Budget is not a huge deal, i'll just save up for a while.

Also whats the big difference between the ISP Decimator and decimator G string? The amp is a bit noisy but maybe i dont have it grounded properly?
Gibson RawPower SG 2009 (Zales)
Gibson Hummingbird 70's? (Amy)
Jet City JCA 20 Watt Combo
Dunlop Crybaby wah
MXR 10 Band EQ
Ibanez TS-9
What kind of boost do you want?

A clean boost will give you what you have, just louder. It will also slam the front end of your amp harder. The Catalinbread super chili is what I use, and it's fantastic.

If you want to tighten up your sound while boosting, an OD will do the trick. The Ibanez TS9 and TS808 are very popular. They do have a mid hump though (which helps you cut through the mix). If you want something more transparent, the Paul C Timmy or Lovepedal Kanji are great.

I would also look into an EQ with gain sliders. You can boost, and also choose exactly what frequencies you want to emphasize. Look at the MXR 10 band.

-------------------------

The G-String has a tighter gating system. It also gives you a loop so that you can gate the front of your amp as well as your effects loop at the same time.
How bad is the noise? Guitar/pedal related or amp hum? A noise gate is really a last resort
One or even two Overdrive pedals would work just fine. I use a TS9 with a Boss OD-3 behind it for even more of a boost. You can get some cool, pretty unique tones when mixing overdrives.
ahh i forgot to add i have an mxr 10 band on order.

I do need a bit more clean head room, but would also like a tad more gain, so an OD sounds useful then.
One more question, whats the deal with these transparent ODs?
Gibson RawPower SG 2009 (Zales)
Gibson Hummingbird 70's? (Amy)
Jet City JCA 20 Watt Combo
Dunlop Crybaby wah
MXR 10 Band EQ
Ibanez TS-9