I currently own a Peavey Valveking 112 and its about time for an amp upgrade (or something). I just dont get the tone i want now adays from it. I don't know really what it is, it just doesnt work with me.

So i'm looking at new amps and cant decide what to get. I've been thinking about getting a 6505+ combo but i also could just wait a few months and save up and get a triple rec off of craigslist (which is my dream amp...for now)

I've seen people selling them (triple rec + cab) on craigslist for like $2000 every once in awhile. But i dont know if i should make the jump to the top of my dream rig just yet.

What does everyone think??
I'm in a band that plays punk/progressive metal music. So i'm looking for a tone somewhat like A Day to Remember mixed with the tone of Periphery and Bullet for My Valentine (if thats possible??)

**Price range is $3000 tops
Guitar Rig:
Fender Telecaster
Martin GPCPA5
Orange Rockerverb 50

Bass Rig:
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz V
Hartke HA3500
6505 or the Dual Rectifier and boost if you want to spend a bit more.

If you want to be a bit different look into things like engl and rivera
Call me Brent
Quote by m33sta.

People would leave guitars for me in a box on the doorstep with a note "Please look after little Johnie, we just cant cope anymore, all he wants to do is hook up with Marshalls, We thought he would be a fender boy.

Quote by mrsixstrings12
**Price range is $3000 tops

With that kind of budget, i think you should jump to your dream amp.
I say go for the used Triple Recto.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112