Which type bass strings do you think give the most of that metallic type of grungy sound when new?
Warwick strings usually give that kind of sound. D'Addarios too.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by Linkerman
Warwick strings usually give that kind of sound. D'Addarios too.

All strings can give it. I want to know which gives it the most. Im my oppinion D'darrios are horrible, and i really hate those strings.
Almost every brand of strings will sound like that.
ESP LTD F-414FM
ESP LTD F-415FM
ESP LTD B5-E
Ibanez SRX355
Ibanez SRA505
Ibanez BTB775PB
SWR 750X
SWR Megoliath 8x10 Cab
Quote by Noreee
All strings can give it. I want to know which gives it the most. Im my oppinion D'darrios are horrible, and i really hate those strings.

No need to reply like a douche. Just learn to read.

Since you clearly failed to understand, i'll break it down to you:
In MY opinion, D'Addarios and Warwick strings are the ones which give it the most.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
So you're after a harsh metallic tone? Rotosound swing 66. Everyone on this forum has an opinion about them which centres around the bright metallic tone fresh out of the packet.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Any brand. Stainless steel roundwound strings will best define that tone. Almost all guitar string companies make these. Not that any of you knuckle heads could hear a difference between (Brand A) and (Brand B).
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Quote by Linkerman
No need to reply like a douche. Just learn to read.

Since you clearly failed to understand, i'll break it down to you:
In MY opinion, D'Addarios and Warwick strings are the ones which give it the most.

didn't mean to sound liek a douche, sorry about that. Just stating my opinion.
Quote by skater dan0
So you're after a harsh metallic tone? Rotosound swing 66. Everyone on this forum has an opinion about them which centres around the bright metallic tone fresh out of the packet.

Thanks
Are they long lasting? How would you compare them to elixir strings lets say?
You'd be very hard pressed to find strings brighter than rotosounds. Although you've gotta remember, your strings are just one part of your overall tone. Pickups, bridge, EQ settings are all just as important.

But yeah, Roto's are the way to go for brightness.
USA Fender Precision w/ Badass III + SD 1/4 pounders
MIM Fender Jazz
T21 SansAmp VT Bass
Gallien Krueger MB212
Anything Steel.

Dean Markely Blue Steels and I've heard great things about DR Hi-Beams

Though DR's are pricey.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
Any brand. Stainless steel roundwound strings will best define that tone. Almost all guitar string companies make these. Not that any of you knuckle heads could hear a difference between (Brand A) and (Brand B).

Knucklehead? I've never played a blackheart amp.

On the same gear I think most regulars of the Bass forum would be able to blind hear the difference and a few could name the brands.

With a different player through different amps and different basses it would incredibly hard to tell if there is a different brand of stainless steel strings, near impossible to guss the brand.
"Whats that noise??"

"... Jazz"
I hear Elixirs are really good strings, and that might be the reason they're so pricey. What do u guys think of elixirs? Can i have a few opinions please?

And about the gear, i play A Schecter Stiletto custom 5 string bass. (Mahogany body with flame maple top and EMG HZ pickups) Through a Bugera BVP 5500 amp and I forgot the name of my cab >_< (I think it's been discontinued, it's not on the website i bought it from. All i know is that its an ashdown cab that handles 450 W X_X )
Elixer strings will last a lot longer, and a bunch of people will say they are amazing because you get that new string sound for months, instead of weeks.

I don't like elixers, they have this coating on them that feels a little slippery, and I think the sound isn't as good new as other strings, not as bright. I personally would prefer a set of Rotosound's that lasted two weeks over a set of elixers that lasted two months. (two weeks would be if you played everyday... with dirty hands)
"Whats that noise??"

"... Jazz"
Quote by ZaccB
Elixer strings will last a lot longer, and a bunch of people will say they are amazing because you get that new string sound for months, instead of weeks.

I don't like elixers, they have this coating on them that feels a little slippery, and I think the sound isn't as good new as other strings, not as bright. I personally would prefer a set of Rotosound's that lasted two weeks over a set of elixers that lasted two months. (two weeks would be if you played everyday... with dirty hands)

Thanks so much for your opinion !
Rotosound Swing 66 for sure. Also, either lower your action or dig into your strings, you'll get the metallic sound from the strings hitting your frets. Ahh, I love digging so much.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....