Quote by CheesyMozarella
I think you forgot to attach something.

It wouldnt upload it still wont ):
Quote by CheesyMozarella
Maybe it's too big?

here it is
Last edited by Drapte at Jun 30, 2013,
Your guitarist has good ideas for riffs but the chord progression is too generic IMO, nearly every metalcore band I've heard uses this progression and it makes the song a bit too predictable in that aspect which I believe a writer should try avoid if they're writing in a genre as popular as metalcore.

Don't get me wrong, harmonically, he has some good ideas with the riffs and usage of layers, I like his call and response type riffing in the intro and the octaves in the 2nd guitar before the breakdown.

My main issue with this over all is that it's just like most of the other metalcore I've heard which was a huge letdown. Get your guitarist to look at his chord progressions and rhythm patterns because they're both predictable and generic. I'm not writing this to offend you or anything so please don't take it that way.

Overall, 6/10 a good attempt and I see potential in his song writing because he has some excellent ideas with variation and layers but he needs to expand his writing much more. I recommend listening to August Burns Red as a starting point for non-generic metalcore.

Could you please return the favour?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1338275
Quote by XianXiuHong
Your guitarist has good ideas for riffs but the chord progression is too generic IMO, nearly every metalcore band I've heard uses this progression and it makes the song a bit too predictable in that aspect which I believe a writer should try avoid if they're writing in a genre as popular as metalcore.

Don't get me wrong, harmonically, he has some good ideas with the riffs and usage of layers, I like his call and response type riffing in the intro and the octaves in the 2nd guitar before the breakdown.

My main issue with this over all is that it's just like most of the other metalcore I've heard which was a huge letdown. Get your guitarist to look at his chord progressions and rhythm patterns because they're both predictable and generic. I'm not writing this to offend you or anything so please don't take it that way.

Overall, 6/10 a good attempt and I see potential in his song writing because he has some excellent ideas with variation and layers but he needs to expand his writing much more. I recommend listening to August Burns Red as a starting point for non-generic metalcore.

Could you please return the favour?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1338275

xD I already commented it last night