Hey all,

My playing has been really sloppy these past few days, It was fine last week and was inspired to play all the time as usual, but since Tuseday I've stopped wanting to play and when I do, my playing is shit again. Can anyone give me some advice on how to sort my playing out? Im kind of having a crisis......
slow down
keep tempo with a metronome for the same song/scales you are doing

relearn it back
Taylor 314CE
Modulus G2T and G3CT
3 Warmoth Guitars
2 Fender MIA Strats--SRV & JM
Alvarez w/ Modulus Neck and EMG DG-20s
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50 w/ 1960a cab
Breedlove AC250/SM12
Gold Tone Weissenborn
Adrenalinn III & FCB1010
ALOT of pedals
Quote by RajjaJroach
Hey all,

My playing has been really sloppy these past few days, It was fine last week and was inspired to play all the time as usual, but since Tuseday I've stopped wanting to play and when I do, my playing is shit again. Can anyone give me some advice on how to sort my playing out? Im kind of having a crisis......

Could you be more specific? What aspects of your playing are you struggling with, etc?

I'll do my best to help you if I can.
I think its just that Its not exciting at the moment, I dont want to quit, but I need to rekindle the excitement of playing again. I dont want to get hippie about it, but spiritually theres nothing there, its hard to explain
Your problem is motivation; or should I say lack of. What usually re-motivates me;

-Listening to stuff you don't usually listen to, and learn how to play diff songs. If you always play metal, try and play some classic, etc.

-Go see a show. That's not always possible, but it motivates me a LOT, usually.

-Watch videos from your fav guitarists. This can have negative effects however("How am I ever gonna be that good?I suck!"). Just watch them videos with the goal of learning, possibly tricks and stuff.

-Analyse your playing style. Usually, people are demotivated because they do not know what to do to become better. Figure out what you have a hard time with(could be for example, your pinky being too sloppy, or alternate picking not going well, etc). This can be hard and it takes time to developp the state of mind that allows you to do so.

If your whole playing is sloppy, you'Re probably playing too fast. Slow down and practice for a few days, and you should see improvement. If it's just particular situations(pull-offs, or w/e), focus on practicing those situations

Sometimes it can also be good to just take a break. I started practicing very seriously like a month ago, and after like 2 weeks I got bored. I gave myself 1-2 days off and when I came back, I noticed improvement I hadn't seen before.

-Try jamming if you don't do already, writing your own stuff, etc. To me it kinda looks like you dunno anymore where you're heading, and what you wanna do with your playing ,etc. You might need to think a bit about your goals etc.

Anyhow, we all get demotivated at times, you just need to not give up and it will pay off.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.